Advanced  

Latest Result

Semi Final Sydney Showgrounds
Sun, 17 Sep 2017 • 17:25 WST
West Coast Greater Western Sydney
9.4 (58) 19.11 (125)
Game Focus

Next Game

Round 1 Perth Stadium
Sun, 25 Mar 2018 • 16:20 WST
West Coast v Sydney
Game Focus



The Punting thread

Discuss whatever you like, whenever you like, however you like

Moderators: Streaker, Mr Q

The Punting thread

Postby cammania on Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:52 pm

No. Not about your aspirations to hit the big time in the NFL as a kicker.

A thread for those who like a punt, big or small, multiple bets, brags about bets and coulda shoulda wouldas.

And help for those who want to bet and don't know what a multi bet, duet or quaddie is.
Ie around Melbourne cup time Etc

Disclaimer: before the fun police get on here, people make choices, I don't want this to become the Q " gambling is so bad, causes debt, ruins the vulnerable blah blah blah" crap

Gamble responsibly.
Image
User avatar
cammania
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:51 pm

Re: The Punting thread

Postby cammania on Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:54 pm

Current situation.

Need hawks 1-36 for 19.44% of the footy quad this week. Probablywont be a high dividend. But hope the hawks get up by that margin.
Image
User avatar
cammania
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:51 pm

Re: The Punting thread

Postby JYD on Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:14 am

Need Eagles by 40+ to win a 73-1 multi.


(Going to hedge the fuck of it so worst case scenario, I make $100 if the Tiger get up/lose by less than 40.)
User avatar
JYD
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 5:45 pm

Re: The Punting thread

Postby mysterio on Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:26 am

Earlier in the week i was thinking of putting a multi on consisting of Pies 100+/ Cats 100+/ Ess..... wasnt paying great value but was at $5 (Cats were $1.19, Pies were $1.39 at 100+)

Didn't put the bet on, if i had would of grabbed myself about $80
User avatar
mysterio
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:37 am
Location: 619

Re: The Punting thread

Postby JYD on Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:37 am

mysterio wrote:Earlier in the week i was thinking of putting a multi on consisting of Pies 100+/ Cats 100+/ Ess..... wasnt paying great value but was at $5 (Cats were $1.19, Pies were $1.39 at 100+)

Didn't put the bet on, if i had would of grabbed myself about $80


That can't be right. Pies 100+ was $3 at the jump, Cats 100+ was $2.25 at the jump (came in from 2.75 when I got on them, before Gary was out).

You would've got odds of greater than 12-1.
User avatar
JYD
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 5:45 pm

Re: The Punting thread

Postby cammania on Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:19 pm

Collected my footy quad at half time 121.55.

Chucked 11 bucks on ebo for first goal third qtr.
At 26 bucks
:D :D :D :) :D :)
Image
User avatar
cammania
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:51 pm

Re: The Punting thread

Postby JYD on Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:39 pm

JYD wrote:Need Eagles by 40+ to win a 73-1 multi.


Solid afternoon.
User avatar
JYD
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 5:45 pm

Re: The Punting thread

Postby cammania on Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:36 pm

JYD wrote:
JYD wrote:Need Eagles by 40+ to win a 73-1 multi.


Solid afternoon.


Well done. How many time the 73 did u get
Image
User avatar
cammania
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:51 pm

Re: The Punting thread

Postby Total Package on Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:17 pm

Not really punting... but I love my Poker... and had a bit of a win... came 2nd in a holdem tournament 8) Just collected the lazy $419


Image
User avatar
Total Package
EFH Posting Lunatic
 
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:04 pm

Re: The Punting thread

Postby JYD on Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:54 pm

cammania wrote:Well done. How many time the 73 did u get


Enough to pay a few bills.

Legs were: Saints 40+, Carlton 60+, Geelong 100+, Collingwood 100+, West Coast 40+. Huge value in an otherwise valueless week.
User avatar
JYD
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 5:45 pm

Re: The Punting thread

Postby cammania on Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:18 am

Image
User avatar
cammania
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:51 pm

Re: The Punting thread

Postby Mr Q on Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:57 pm

cammania wrote:Disclaimer: before the fun police get on here, people make choices, I don't want this to become the Q " gambling is so bad, causes debt, ruins the vulnerable blah blah blah" crap

Meh, if you're mad enough to gamble, then that's up to you. My objection is the ongoing in-your-face advertising of gambling - something which causes a lot of serious grief to millions of people.

Ultimately, if you gamble, your money will become the bookies money.

cammania wrote:Gamble responsibly.

Excellent mantra. If only gambling wasn't addictive for many people..... ;)
"I like to pay taxes. With them I buy civilisation" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Alternative facts, alternative facts, pants on fire....
User avatar
Mr Q
EFH Posting Lunatic
 
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:59 pm
Location: Block 331

Re: The Punting thread

Postby Hawkeye on Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:04 pm

Mr Q wrote:
cammania wrote:Disclaimer: before the fun police get on here, people make choices, I don't want this to become the Q " gambling is so bad, causes debt, ruins the vulnerable blah blah blah" crap

Meh, if you're mad enough to gamble, then that's up to you. My objection is the ongoing in-your-face advertising of gambling - something which causes a lot of serious grief to millions of people.

Ultimately, if you gamble, your money will become the bookies money.

cammania wrote:Gamble responsibly.

Excellent mantra. If only gambling wasn't addictive for many people..... ;)


Or if gambling was responsible in the first place
moderation in everything.....except for the Blue and Gold

"I don't think it's necessarily a big part of football. I think that's a big part of life and a big part of team and a big part of family. When you need to step up to a challenge, you rise to that challenge."
- Beau Waters
User avatar
Hawkeye
Veteran
 
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:51 pm
Location: Enemy Territory

Re: The Punting thread

Postby domo_the_eagle on Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:08 pm

JYD wrote:
cammania wrote:Well done. How many time the 73 did u get


Enough to pay a few bills.

Legs were: Saints 40+, Carlton 60+, Geelong 100+, Collingwood 100+, West Coast 40+. Huge value in an otherwise valueless week.


u woulda been nervous at 3qtr time on friday night.

my brother loves to bet, has an online account etc...hes pretty good at it.

i've done one off bets but dont really get into it.....any tips on multi's. i.e. can you choose them or the agency sets up the multi?
User avatar
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic
 
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:18 pm
Location: Perth

Re: The Punting thread

Postby WCE Booka 89 on Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:11 pm

domo_the_eagle wrote:
JYD wrote:
cammania wrote:Well done. How many time the 73 did u get


Enough to pay a few bills.

Legs were: Saints 40+, Carlton 60+, Geelong 100+, Collingwood 100+, West Coast 40+. Huge value in an otherwise valueless week.


u woulda been nervous at 3qtr time on friday night.

my brother loves to bet, has an online account etc...hes pretty good at it.

i've done one off bets but dont really get into it.....any tips on multi's. i.e. can you choose them or the agency sets up the multi?


Can most certainly set up your own multi's. It is pretty easy when done online, can just scroll through the games and the variety of options for them and just have to click on it and you have the choice of either betting on that single outcome or combining it with other bets to form a multi.
WCE Booka 89
EFH Legend
 
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:19 pm
Location: Mandurah WA

Next

Return to General Board, Suggestions and Problems

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest