West Coast v Sydney
Game Focus

TV Shows you're watching

Discuss whatever you like, whenever you like, however you like

Moderators: Streaker, Mr Q

Re: TV Shows you're watching

Postby wce1293 on Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:36 am

Eliot Mess wrote:
The Boat wrote:Anyone catch First Contact last night? That David Oldfield is truly a pig of a human being.

Takes a lot to offend me, but I was truly offended by his comments last night. His comments are too grotesque to quote here.

I'm hearing that it's Manip-bait ... kind of 'white opinion massage' ... -> it's the journey not the way-points ... I can't stomach a show with a trajectory like that... esp with R.Martin as 'Wise Guide'.

It's obvious David Oldfield was planted to create tension and make it more interesting. I'm not sure what to call David Oldfield, pig seems too tame. It's hard to watch a racist arguing his illogical views. When someone doesn't understand the basic facts, history and culture you just can't argue with them.

I enjoyed watching it just the same.
wce1293
Veteran

Postby jourgo on Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:07 pm

wce1293 wrote:
Eliot Mess wrote:
The Boat wrote:Anyone catch First Contact last night? That David Oldfield is truly a pig of a human being.

Takes a lot to offend me, but I was truly offended by his comments last night. His comments are too grotesque to quote here.

I'm hearing that it's Manip-bait ... kind of 'white opinion massage' ... -> it's the journey not the way-points ... I can't stomach a show with a trajectory like that... esp with R.Martin as 'Wise Guide'.

It's obvious David Oldfield was planted to create tension and make it more interesting. I'm not sure what to call David Oldfield, pig seems too tame. It's hard to watch a racist arguing his illogical views. When someone doesn't understand the basic facts, history and culture you just can't argue with them.

I enjoyed watching it just the same.

I don't believe Oldfield is a racist. Not in the classic sense. His intolerance is distributed evenly regardless of race.

And don't be fooled - he understands the facts, but he has a profound misunderstanding of the importance of Aboriginal culture and tradition to Aboriginals.
I got a fever.
And the only prescription,
Is MORE COWBELL!
jourgo
EFH Legend

Postby MrWoollie on Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:30 pm

Blue Planet II. The advances in technology from series I have enabled absolutely amazing sequences. Stunning.

Dedicated, hard working, talented crews using the best equipment. Really enjoying this series.
2017 sponsor of #6 - Elliot Yeo. 2017 B&F, 2017 EFH POTY.
MrWoollie
Veteran

Postby DALBY on Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:54 pm

MrWoollie wrote:Blue Planet II. The advances in technology from series I have enabled absolutely amazing sequences. Stunning.

Dedicated, hard working, talented crews using the best equipment. Really enjoying this series.

Totally agree love Davids work. I have the first series Planet Earth, plus his Great Barrier Reef discs.

Just brilliant stuff to watch.
Do or do not!
There is no try.
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic

Previous

Return to General Board, Suggestions and Problems