Qualifying Final Sydney Showgrounds
Sun, 17 Sep 2017 • 17:25 WST
West Coast Greater Western Sydney
9.4 (58) 19.11 (125)
Game Focus

RANT: one thing i hate.................

Discuss whatever you like, whenever you like, however you like

Moderators: Streaker, Mr Q

Re: RANT: one thing i hate.................

Postby domo_the_eagle on Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:00 am

Fat Side wrote:
domo_the_eagle wrote:Kids started daycare about a month ago, just 2 days a week while the better half returns to work after mat leave.

the whole 10months prior to daycare, the kid only caught 1 virus. 2 months of being in daycare on and off sickness which then i got then the missus got, a week later all 3 of us have this hacking cough. Fortunately the kid now is ok, but i still have a blocked nose and a hacking cough while the missus is struck down with flu like symptoms.

Literally paying for the kid to get sick, and the kicker is you still have to pay when he doesn't attend to keep his spot.

It is pretty typical. The first few months after my son first went to daycare, we were all crook. We had to postpone his first birthday party. It will get better.

Yep, better to get all the common illnesses and build a resistance now i guess.

Funny enough im now better but the wife is crook.
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby jourgo on Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:15 pm

I got a fever.
And the only prescription,
Is MORE COWBELL!
jourgo
EFH Legend

Postby DALBY on Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:43 pm

I agree. This is why parents sometimes require a licence to breed. I would have just about killed her if she did this to my kids. :(
Tom "Chops" Lamb
Guernsey 10, still only 20 years old, 193cm, "The best utility money can buy"
Drafted 32 in 2014.
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby WCE Booka 89 on Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:23 pm

DALBY wrote:

I agree. This is why parents sometimes require a licence to breed. I would have just about killed her if she did this to my kids. :(

And the sick thing is if you inflicted the same injuries upon the mother that she did her child, you would have been locked away.

Just sickening. And by the sounds of it at the end of the article, she is still entitled to unsupervised custody of the child? How the hell is that even possible?
WCE Booka 89
EFH Legend

Postby domo_the_eagle on Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:58 pm

I cant even bring my self to read the article. My bloods already boiling.
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby MrWoollie on Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:43 pm

domo_the_eagle wrote:

I cant even bring my self to read the article. My bloods already boiling.

The good old 'history of drug and alcohol abuse but has made steps to turn life around' crap. That makes it all ok then!
2017 sponsor of #5 - Brad (Mr Reliable) Sheppard. 25yo, 100+ games and counting.
2017 sponsor of #6 - Elliot (how good could he be) Yeo. Only 23 and looking to hit 100 career games in 2017.
2017 sponsor of #23 - Lewis (we need this excitement) Jetta. 27yo and heading for 150 career games.
2017 sponsor of #30 - Jackson (he's too good to be only 21) Nelson. 21yo, pick #51 in 2014, a bonus pickup.
MrWoollie
Veteran

Postby domo_the_eagle on Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:55 am

Is it just me or the price of insurance is just skyrocketing, including the basic excess.

The wifes car insurance renual notice came in the mail, works out to be $200 more than if i take out a new policy, online with the same company all with the same features and benefits & excess.

While i am here i want to rant about a few things:

- People in the right hand lane doing 10kms under the speed limit (recurring rant)
- People in the tunnel who think the speed limit is 65km rather than 80km
- Every cost under the sun is increasing (utility bills, groceries, insurance premiums etc) but income as a whole is not rising to meet these extra costs. I haven't had an increase to my income since 2013 (infact had to take a cut in 2016), don't even get CPI, so effectively been on a 2-3% pay cut a year since 2013.
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Fat Side on Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:55 am

domo_the_eagle wrote:Is it just me or the price of insurance is just skyrocketing, including the basic excess.

The wifes car insurance renual notice came in the mail, works out to be $200 more than if i take out a new policy, online with the same company all with the same features and benefits & excess.

Never!...I repeat Never! ..just renew insurance. Insurance companies hope that you are lazy and just renew. The renewal is always much more than a new policy. Like a well known investor says - "Insurance companies treat you like the wife that is being cheated on. They pay you no attention whatsoever because they're putting all their energy into attracting the new fling."

Three years ago I took out an insurance policy (H&C) with a new insurer (online). They were more than $300 less than my renewal from an insurer I had been with for many years. Anyway, after 12 months I get a renewal from the new insurer. Low and behold, it has gone up about $250 from the previous year. I then went onto their website and got a quote for a new policy. It was the same as I paid 12 months earlier. So, I took out a brand new policy with the same insurer using their website. I then contacted them to tell them that I wasn't renewing. When they asked me why, I told I found a better deal. Further to that, I have now done this three years in a row and saved over $1000.
Make the switch now
2017 Sponsor of Willie (Pure Silk) Rioli
Fat Side
Veteran

Postby farmer joe on Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:45 pm

domo_the_eagle wrote:but income as a whole is not rising to meet these extra costs. I haven't had an increase to my income since 2013 (infact had to take a cut in 2016), don't even get CPI, so effectively been on a 2-3% pay cut a year since 2013.

Blame big Australia mate
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-01-19/h ... ne/8193628

And get onboard with Dick if you get a chance
http://www.skynews.com.au/business/busi ... ation.html
farmer joe
EFH Hall of Fame

Previous

Return to General Board, Suggestions and Problems