Game Focus

Zac Clarke Delisted: Another Matthew Lloyd Epic Fail

Discuss the AFL, other clubs and the game in general

Moderators: Mr Q, DALBY

Zac Clarke Delisted: Another Matthew Lloyd Epic Fail

Postby merovingian on Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:56 am

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/te ... 18a8c697b3

June 7 2014

The latest is former Essendon champion Matthew Lloyd, who believes Fremantle ruckman Zac Clarke is a better player despite receiving just a a fraction of the pay and publicity.

“To see Clarke take his seven grabs last weekend and the way he gets around the ground, I don’t think he lacks anything that Naitanui has,’’ Lloyd said.

“For all the talk that goes with Naitanui, I think this guy (Clarke) is probably a better player at the moment and has huge growth in him.

“I can see Zac Clarke being the best ruckman in the competition in the coming years, whereas I couldn’t say that for Naitanui at the moment.

“With Naitanui, I’m unsure where his next 100 games are going to take him. I can’t speak for what Naitanui brings off-field. But in terms of pure football ability, Naitanui might be a $400,000 player.’’
merovingian
Veteran

Re: Zac Clarke Delisted: Another Matthew Lloyd Epic Fail

Postby domo_the_eagle on Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:51 am

Haha.

That said ....is he worth rookie listing on the cheap as ruck back up?
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

Re: Zac Clarke Delisted: Another Matthew Lloyd Epic Fail

Postby Fat Side on Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:45 am

merovingian wrote:http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/teams/west-coast/debate-on-west-coast-eagles-ruckman-nic-naitanui-continues-to-rage-as-he-reaches-100-games/news-story/a8763d2f32941cb7ac444018a8c697b3

June 7 2014

The latest is former Essendon champion Matthew Lloyd, who believes Fremantle ruckman Zac Clarke is a better player despite receiving just a a fraction of the pay and publicity.

“To see Clarke take his seven grabs last weekend and the way he gets around the ground, I don’t think he lacks anything that Naitanui has,’’ Lloyd said.

“For all the talk that goes with Naitanui, I think this guy (Clarke) is probably a better player at the moment and has huge growth in him.

“I can see Zac Clarke being the best ruckman in the competition in the coming years, whereas I couldn’t say that for Naitanui at the moment.

“With Naitanui, I’m unsure where his next 100 games are going to take him. I can’t speak for what Naitanui brings off-field. But in terms of pure football ability, Naitanui might be a $400,000 player.’’

Clarke's career nosedived after the PCL injury sustained at an out-of-season rock concert. He has never recovered from it.
Make the switch now
2017 Sponsor of Willie (Pure Silk) Rioli
Fat Side
Veteran

Return to AFL Board