Game Focus

Finals 2017

Discuss the AFL, other clubs and the game in general

Moderators: Mr Q, DALBY

Re: Finals 2017

Postby aquila audax on Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:01 pm

MrWoollie wrote:
Fair Bump Play On wrote:
Pinion King wrote:What a boring finals series so far. All 3 games one team dominates the other flops.

Yes. So much for the bye making things even. Pity the Swans can't meet the the tigers in a preliminary and rather will have to face the Crows in a game that really should be the Grand Final. Expect the tigers will benefit and likely be Premiers.
It is a shame the two best teams for most of the season can only meet in a prelim. We have certainly fallen into the softer side of the finals, not that I expect us to do a lot.

What is with Joe Daniher and umpires? Do they love him or what? He continually puts himself out of position under the ball, then jumps up while flailing his arms, and then gets a free. If JK got half the umpire love that Joe gets he'd get 10 a game.

Really looks set up for Richmond to get a GF against a team that has had the tougher, more physical run. Should favour them but they are Richmond after all.

Richmond in a GF against a non Victorian side will get the same help from the umpires (ie AFL) as the Doggies got last year.
A boost for Richmond in Melbourne can only be good for the AFL in years to come.
aquila audax
Regular

Postby Bigbird on Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:16 pm

MrWoollie wrote:
Fair Bump Play On wrote:
Pinion King wrote:What a boring finals series so far. All 3 games one team dominates the other flops.

Yes. So much for the bye making things even. Pity the Swans can't meet the the tigers in a preliminary and rather will have to face the Crows in a game that really should be the Grand Final. Expect the tigers will benefit and likely be Premiers.
It is a shame the two best teams for most of the season can only meet in a prelim. We have certainly fallen into the softer side of the finals, not that I expect us to do a lot.

What is with Joe Daniher and umpires? Do they love him or what? He continually puts himself out of position under the ball, then jumps up while flailing his arms, and then gets a free. If JK got half the umpire love that Joe gets he'd get 10 a game.

Really looks set up for Richmond to get a GF against a team that has had the tougher, more physical run. Should favour them but they are Richmond after all.

They need all the help they can get :lol:
Proud 2017 sponsor of Scott Lycett, Tom Barrass and Jonathon Giles - the big guys have landed.

Proud 2016 sponsor of Nobody. Because I couldn't find the thread. :-(
Proud 2015 sponsor of Scott Lycett. The future has arrived.
Bigbird
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Pinion King on Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:37 am

Chuckled at this one:
https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl/dennis ... b88595206z
Greater Western Sydney suddenly look eminently beatable and beyond them Richmond is, after all, still Richmond.
Official 2017 EFH Sponsor of Josh Kennedy, Fraser McInnes, and Joshua Rotham
Official 2015 EFH Sponsor of Liam Duggan
Official 2014 EFH Sponsor of Elliot Yeo
Official 2013 EFH Sponsor of Dean Cox
Pinion King
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Mead on Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:57 am

Fair Bump Play On wrote:
domo_the_eagle wrote:

It took the tigers 3 quarters to blow apart the cats. That was a good game.

Agree about thursday nights game.

True about the Tigers playing with their food before they killed it but it was never really in doubt.

I think in some ways that made it more impressive- geelong were a good side playing well, but Richmond stayed in front all day, batted off every challenge and eventually overpowered them.
Mead
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Mr Q on Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:30 pm

Pinion King wrote:Chuckled at this one:
https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl/dennis ... b88595206z
Greater Western Sydney suddenly look eminently beatable and beyond them Richmond is, after all, still Richmond.

The fact that Richmond are (1) in the finals, (2) won a final and (3) are going to play in a Prelim is defacto evidence that we have all slipped through into an alternate universe already.
"I like to pay taxes. With them I buy civilisation" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Alternative facts, alternative facts, pants on fire....
Mr Q
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Fair Bump Play On on Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:09 pm

aquila audax wrote:Richmond in a GF against a non Victorian side will get the same help from the umpires (ie AFL) as the Doggies got last year.
A boost for Richmond in Melbourne can only be good for the AFL in years to come.

My thoughts exactly. Whoever plays Richmond in the Preliminary can also expect a free kick ratio of something like 4 to 1 the Tigers way. Cynical I know, but after watching the Dogs against the Giants and Swans last year it's hard not to be.
Proud 2017 sponsor of Liam -Dangerfield- Duggan, Will Schofield, Simon - the tank - Tunbridge & Tom Gorter
Past sponsor; 2016 self appointed sponsor of Sam it's better with Butler, 2015 of Jamie lace out Bennell, Scooter - future vice-captain - Selwood. 2013 of Mitch - Mr Required - Brown, (And he stayed), 2012 of Scott - the future - Lycett, (And he is), 2011 of Vice Captain – fair, but get out of his way - Beau Waters, (His greatest year)
Fair Bump Play On
EFH Hall of Fame

Previous

Return to AFL Board