Fri, 25 Aug 2017 • 0:00 WST
West Coast v Adelaide
Game Focus

The Footy Show

Discuss the AFL, other clubs and the game in general

Moderators: Mr Q, DALBY

The Footy Show

Postby domo_the_eagle on Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:14 pm

Now that Eddy Everywhere has returned to the footy show will ppl tune in.

Back when i was a kid the show was an absolute staple.
Then it commenced at 9.30pm and it was the only time dad let my brother and i stay up on a weeknight to 10.30pm.

My interest in the show has waned a fair bit since Garry left the show. I'll probably tune in next time to see if the format has changed to actually include more football related discussion rather than shit gags.
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

Re: The Footy Show

Postby lazzas on Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:46 am

domo_the_eagle wrote:Now that Eddy Everywhere has returned to the footy show will ppl tune in.

Then it commenced at 9.30pm and it was the only time dad let my brother and i stay up on a weeknight to 10.30pm.

My interest in the show has waned a fair bit since Garry left the show. I'll probably tune in next time to see if the format has changed to actually include more football related discussion rather than shit gags.

I lost interest in it tears ago they don't actually talk about Footy that much. Marngrook my favourite for years.
lazzas
Regular

Postby DALBY on Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:15 am

I'm glad Eddie is back. Lyon is like Carey and lost all respect. At least the show will be more about footy again now.
Tom "Chops" Lamb
Guernsey 10, still only 20 years old, 193cm, "The best utility money can buy"
Drafted 32 in 2014.
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby domo_the_eagle on Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:24 am

DALBY wrote:I'm glad Eddie is back. Lyon is like Carey and lost all respect. At least the show will be more about footy again now.

Hope so. I rarely watch more than 10mins of the show these days. Having 2 'hosts' is a waste of time. Dont know why they had to bring in Maddern either, probably because Brayshaw was a weak anchor.
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Peter_Melesso_Fanclub on Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:08 pm

domo_the_eagle wrote:
DALBY wrote:I'm glad Eddie is back. Lyon is like Carey and lost all respect. At least the show will be more about footy again now.

Hope so. I rarely watch more than 10mins of the show these days. Having 2 'hosts' is a waste of time. Dont know why they had to bring in Maddern either, probably because Brayshaw was a weak anchor.

As opposed to Hutchy, who is just a w anchor :wink:

I barely watched any last season and haven't seen a single minute of it this year, but I'll probably have a look tomorrow night.
Peter_Melesso_Fanclub
Veteran

Postby jourgo on Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:12 pm

It will be interesting to see whether Sam manages to reign it in. My feeling is he is so out of touch with the modern game he really has no place commenting on it anymore.
I got a fever.
And the only prescription,
Is MORE COWBELL!
jourgo
EFH Legend

Postby domo_the_eagle on Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:13 pm

the shows on a 2 week hiatus, probably to look at ways to improve.
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Fair Bump Play On on Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:17 pm

lazzas wrote:
domo_the_eagle wrote:Now that Eddy Everywhere has returned to the footy show will ppl tune in.

I lost interest in it tears ago they don't actually talk about Footy that much. Marngrook my favourite for years.

Same, same. Marngrook is actually about footy.
Proud 2017 sponsor of Liam -Dangerfield- Duggan, Will Schofield, Simon - the tank - Tunbridge & Tom Gorter
Past sponsor; 2016 self appointed sponsor of Sam it's better with Butler, 2015 of Jamie lace out Bennell, Scooter - future vice-captain - Selwood. 2013 of Mitch - Mr Required - Brown, (And he stayed), 2012 of Scott - the future - Lycett, (And he is), 2011 of Vice Captain – fair, but get out of his way - Beau Waters, (His greatest year)
Fair Bump Play On
EFH Hall of Fame

Return to AFL Board