Matt Quinn • 21 Mar 2017
Oh well, that's that folks.
Matt Quinn • 08 Sep 2016

Offseason AFL Talk

Discuss the AFL, other clubs and the game in general

Moderators: Mr Q, DALBY

Offseason AFL Talk

Postby domo_the_eagle on Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:55 pm

I guess footy discussion the next few months will be limited, so rather than starting new posts for every single thing i thought we could just combine them into a single thread.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-01-11/which-was-the-best-grand-final-since-2000

These guys still rate the 2006 GF as the best win since 2000. As a supporter the entire 2006 finals series was nerve racking, only the SF win where we thumped the dogs, that i was able to sit back and truley just enjoy the game. the other 3 games it was a very nervous 3hrs.
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

Re: Offseason AFL Talk

Postby Crazy Dazz on Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:05 pm

domo_the_eagle wrote:I guess footy discussion the next few months will be limited, so rather than starting new posts for every single thing i thought we could just combine them into a single thread.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-01-11/which-was-the-best-grand-final-since-2000

These guys still rate the 2006 GF as the best win since 2000. As a supporter the entire 2006 finals series was nerve racking, only the SF win where we thumped the dogs, that i was able to sit back and truley just enjoy the game. the other 3 games it was a very nervous 3hrs.

That SF was a special night. I was sitting near the guys that started the "Lynchy" chant, and quickly joined in.

The PF comeback against the Crows, was just unbelievable.
Crazy Dazz
EFH Legend

Postby Total Package on Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:46 pm

2006 grand final was just sheer relief. I never really enjoyed watching it. Certainly not in the same way I enjoyed 1992 and 1994.

I've watched the 1992 and 1994 grand final maybe 20 times in full. I can't say I've watched the 2006 grand final more than 2-3 times if that. I think the negative Sydney style of play contributed to that as well. I actually thought last year's grand final was one of the best.

On Foxtel at the moment they are playing "Guest Programmer" games at the moment where the Fox Footy commentators choose their favourite games and they are played in full. Lots of 1990s games... makes me shed a tear a little as to how much more enjoyable football was to watch then. Lots of high marking and exciting high scoring play... compared to the robotic way players play these days. Watched the Crows V Essendon final from 93 where the Crows choked it up... and it was exciting footy!
Total Package
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby domo_the_eagle on Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:34 pm

Total Package wrote:2006 grand final was just sheer relief. I never really enjoyed watching it. Certainly not in the same way I enjoyed 1992 and 1994.

I've watched the 1992 and 1994 grand final maybe 20 times in full. I can't say I've watched the 2006 grand final more than 2-3 times if that. I think the negative Sydney style of play contributed to that as well. I actually thought last year's grand final was one of the best.

On Foxtel at the moment they are playing "Guest Programmer" games at the moment where the Fox Footy commentators choose their favourite games and they are played in full. Lots of 1990s games... makes me shed a tear a little as to how much more enjoyable football was to watch then. Lots of high marking and exciting high scoring play... compared to the robotic way players play these days. Watched the Crows V Essendon final from 93 where the Crows choked it up... and it was exciting footy!

It would be nice of them if they showed some WCE winning games...vic centric pricks.
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Total Package on Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:52 pm

domo_the_eagle wrote:
Total Package wrote:2006 grand final was just sheer relief. I never really enjoyed watching it. Certainly not in the same way I enjoyed 1992 and 1994.

It would be nice of them if they showed some WCE winning games...vic centric pricks.

I must have been lucky. I managed to catch a couple. Gerard Healy chose the derby where the little gerbil hit the post after the siren and we won by a point :lol: :lol:
Total Package
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby MrWoollie on Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:56 pm

Total Package wrote:I must have been lucky. I managed to catch a couple. Gerard Healy chose the derby where the little gerbil hit the post after the siren and we won by a point :lol: :lol:

That was the one where the little gerbil ran way off his line to kick and should have got called play-on.
2017 sponsor of #5 - Brad (Mr Reliable) Sheppard. 25yo, 100+ games and counting.
2017 sponsor of #6 - Elliot (how good could he be) Yeo. Only 23 and looking to hit 100 career games in 2017.
2017 sponsor of #23 - Lewis (we need this excitement) Jetta. 27yo and heading for 150 career games.
2017 sponsor of #30 - Jackson (he's too good to be only 21) Nelson. 21yo, pick #51 in 2014, a bonus pickup.
MrWoollie
Veteran

Postby Total Package on Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:16 pm

MrWoollie wrote:
Total Package wrote:I must have been lucky. I managed to catch a couple. Gerard Healy chose the derby where the little gerbil hit the post after the siren and we won by a point :lol: :lol:

That was the one where the little gerbil ran way off his line to kick and should have got called play-on.

Yup and should never have been given deliberate out of bounds to start with.
Total Package
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby domo_the_eagle on Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:22 pm

Total Package wrote:
MrWoollie wrote:

Yup and should never have been given deliberate out of bounds to start with.

This day and age that free would have been paid, at the time i was livid with the decision.
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby DALBY on Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:05 pm

I like it. My better half loves the advertisement even more.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-03-17/h ... ontempelli
Tom "Chops" Lamb
Guernsey 10, still only 20 years old, 193cm, "The best utility money can buy"
Drafted 32 in 2014.
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic

Return to AFL Board