Advanced  

Latest Result

Semi Final Sydney Showgrounds
Sun, 17 Sep 2017 • 17:25 WST
West Coast Greater Western Sydney
9.4 (58) 19.11 (125)
Game Focus

Next Game

Round 1 Perth Stadium
Sun, 25 Mar 2018 • 16:20 WST
West Coast v Sydney
Game Focus



New members: Please read

Discussion of all things Eagles
(the "EaglesFlyingHigh" board)

Moderators: Mead, Streaker, Mr Q

Re: New users: Please read

Postby Mr Q on Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:37 pm

JT7 wrote:i am a new user and i was wondering why i cant private message


New users are not permitted PM functionality until they have two posts successfully moderated and approved. This is for the protection of all users, to ensure that spambots can't register then start PMing everyone.

Essentially, once you're off the probation period (which is quite short if you post), then you can PM OK.

I'd rather not have to introduce such restrictions, but the number of spambots that attempt to post on these sites is too high to ignore
"I like to pay taxes. With them I buy civilisation" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Alternative facts, alternative facts, pants on fire....
User avatar
Mr Q
EFH Posting Lunatic
 
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:59 pm
Location: Block 331

Re: New users: Please read

Postby JT7 on Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:15 pm

Mr Q wrote:
JT7 wrote:i am a new user and i was wondering why i cant private message


New users are not permitted PM functionality until they have two posts successfully moderated and approved. This is for the protection of all users, to ensure that spambots can't register then start PMing everyone.

Essentially, once you're off the probation period (which is quite short if you post), then you can PM OK.

I'd rather not have to introduce such restrictions, but the number of spambots that attempt to post on these sites is too high to ignore


Thanks for the help I can pm now
User avatar
JT7
Regular
 
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:16 pm
Location: Geraldton/Mullewa

Re: New users: Please read

Postby Eliot Mess on Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:16 pm

Mr Q wrote:
JT7 wrote:i am a new user and i was wondering why i cant private message


New users are not permitted PM functionality until they have two posts successfully moderated and approved. This is for the protection of all users, to ensure that spambots can't register then start PMing everyone.

Essentially, once you're off the probation period (which is quite short if you post), then you can PM OK.

I'd rather not have to introduce such restrictions, but the number of spambots that attempt to post on these sites is too high to ignore


That is a good rule. :)
User avatar
Eliot Mess
EFH Posting Lunatic
 
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:22 am

Re: New users: Please read

Postby rarner on Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:59 pm

I must say I've always thought the SMS rule here was way over the top. But after getting used to it on here and then seeing the way people talk on Facebook, or on other websites where it can get to point where I just stop reading, makes me wish other forums incorporated this rule. Also shows a contrast in the difference of intelligence on this site and say, Bigfooty.
Image
Image
rarner
Veteran
 
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:28 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: New users: Please read

Postby WCE Booka 89 on Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:26 pm

rarner wrote:I must say I've always thought the SMS rule here was way over the top. But after getting used to it on here and then seeing the way people talk on Facebook, or on other websites where it can get to point where I just stop reading, makes me wish other forums incorporated this rule. Also shows a contrast in the difference of intelligence on this site and say, Bigfooty.


Agree 100%. Felt the exact same way when I was first being brought up on it, but like you, after I got used to it I found it to be quite helpful, almost like it was teaching me how to spell properly again.

But it has made me absolutely hate seeing sms lingo anywhere other than texts. Also seems weird when someone in their 30's use it on facebook. Just looks wrong.
WCE Booka 89
EFH Legend
 
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:19 pm
Location: Mandurah WA

Re: New users: Please read

Postby WestCoastAJ on Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:46 pm

Why am I not able to have a profile picture and still require moderators to screen my posts?
Official 2015 EFH sponsor of Kane "I hate Carlton" Lucas
Official 2014 EFH sponsor of Sharod "The trampoliner" Wellingham
User avatar
WestCoastAJ
Regular
 
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:43 pm
Location: Perth

Re: New users: Please read

Postby Mr Q on Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:31 pm

WestCoastAJ wrote:Why am I not able to have a profile picture and still require moderators to screen my posts?


All newly registered users have to have two approved posts before getting any additional functionality. This is an anti-spam mechanism for the site - spambots register and attempt to post, and get nowhere as their posts don't get approved. Believe me, you don't want the alternative.

As I believe I've approved two posts for you now, you should have access to most of the site's functionality.
"I like to pay taxes. With them I buy civilisation" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Alternative facts, alternative facts, pants on fire....
User avatar
Mr Q
EFH Posting Lunatic
 
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:59 pm
Location: Block 331

Re: New users: Please read

Postby WestCoastAJ on Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:17 pm

Yeah mate still limited access and have to wait approval dunno whats up

[Q: My apologies, the approval count is five, not two.]
Official 2015 EFH sponsor of Kane "I hate Carlton" Lucas
Official 2014 EFH sponsor of Sharod "The trampoliner" Wellingham
User avatar
WestCoastAJ
Regular
 
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:43 pm
Location: Perth

Re: New users: Please read

Postby Squigs on Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:52 pm

We were outdone in midfield for last to weeks we need to reegroup to sucseed
Squigs
Rookie
 
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:33 pm

Re: New members: Please read

Postby Amadeus on Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:47 pm

This may be a waste of time?
I have tried for some time to join, and it finally worked, so I made my first post. I thought it was innocuous enough, but it hasn't made it through moderation?
Amadeus
Regular
 
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:16 pm

Re: New members: Please read

Postby Mr Q on Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:43 am

Amadeus wrote:This may be a waste of time?
I have tried for some time to join, and it finally worked, so I made my first post. I thought it was innocuous enough, but it hasn't made it through moderation?


To prevent spambots, everyone's first few posts are moderated, but sometimes it takes a while as the moderation team are all volunteers and may not be on the site regularly :)
"I like to pay taxes. With them I buy civilisation" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Alternative facts, alternative facts, pants on fire....
User avatar
Mr Q
EFH Posting Lunatic
 
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:59 pm
Location: Block 331

Re: New members: Please read

Postby Amadeus on Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:07 am

Mr Q wrote:
Amadeus wrote:This may be a waste of time?
I have tried for some time to join, and it finally worked, so I made my first post. I thought it was innocuous enough, but it hasn't made it through moderation?


To prevent spambots, everyone's first few posts are moderated, but sometimes it takes a while as the moderation team are all volunteers and may not be on the site regularly :)
No problemo, I was just curious. :D I've been reading for a while and was prompted to join to add my sentiments to the Dean Cox Appreciation Thread, but although subsequent comments have been approved, my original posts to that thread seem to have gone missing.
Completely understand re spambots though. :D
Amadeus
Regular
 
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:16 pm

Re: New members: Please read

Postby Mitchell1 on Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:12 pm

Mr Q or someone else. Looking for some help. My normal login is Mitchell (unless I was banned). I tried to change my email addy as i didn't have access to the old one anymore and i needed an activation email which never came.

Can you help me get access to my old account? it tells me i need to activate it.

Help please? I will be very appreciative.
Mitchell1
Rookie
 
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:33 pm

Previous

Return to West Coast Eagles

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron