West Coast v Sydney
Game Focus

Round 21 WCE v Carlton @ Domain 13/7/17

Discussion of all things Eagles
(the "EaglesFlyingHigh" board)

Moderators: Mead, Streaker, Mr Q

Re: Round 21 WCE v Carlton @ Domain 13/7/17

Postby Brickwall on Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:49 pm

Jetta now a boutique player. OK and fancy in the sunshine. But he's a major worry in these down-and-dirty games. I wouldn't mind at all if he was moved on. What's he worth?
Brickwall
Rookie

Postby domo_the_eagle on Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:12 pm

Brickwall wrote:Jetta now a boutique player. OK and fancy in the sunshine. But he's a major worry in these down-and-dirty games. I wouldn't mind at all if he was moved on. What's he worth?

Where too though? He wanted to come home.
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby WCE Booka 89 on Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:14 pm

Brickwall wrote:Jetta now a boutique player. OK and fancy in the sunshine. But he's a major worry in these down-and-dirty games. I wouldn't mind at all if he was moved on. What's he worth?

I think he has always been that sort of player. He is an outside receiver, run and carry type player. Always going to struggle in congested games where he can't get into space easy.

As for your question about his worth I assume you mean in a trade? I would guess minimal. He signed with us as he wanted to be home in WA so can't see him agreeing to any deal unless it is to freo. Freo already have the hill brothers who play similar roles so wouldn't be keen on him.
WCE Booka 89
EFH Legend

Postby lazzas on Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:03 pm

Big Nick hitting to Jetta on the burst should be worth a go.
lazzas
Regular

Postby Fat Side on Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:10 am

Mead wrote:Seeing Adam Simpson getting pumped and slapping the table in excitement because we might scramble a dreadful win against bottom 4 opposition is one of the simultaneously saddest and funniest things I've ever seen.

Mate, you're a shit coach of a disgraceful weak gutted team. The fact that you're excited about another dreadful performance is why this team is where it is.

I thought we were not accepting abusive comments anymore? Pretty ordinary.
Make the switch now
2017 Sponsor of Willie (Pure Silk) Rioli
Fat Side
Veteran

Postby Fat Side on Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:14 am

farmer joe wrote:Good luck to any team that wants Eric MacKenzie. The guy is a joke. Takes a mark in our defensive zone, no body near him and he turns straight around and kicks it backwards. He has NFI.

Old habits die hard. Online anonymous abuse is not very courageous.
Make the switch now
Fat Side
Veteran

Postby Fat Side on Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:28 am

As for the game. It was to be expected really. Our game has been like this since round 7 when we last strung more than one consecutive win. We played for three quarters only this time the one we didn't play was the third not the fourth.

There is no doubt that there are problems and they need to be resolved. I would think that another year like this will see Simpson out of a job before the end of 2018. After three pretty good years, it has unravelled this year (and probably started in the EF last year) and the club needs to work out what went wrong and set about fixing it quickly. I am sure they are doing that (or will post season). I think the decision to top up our rucks with key forwards, along with the post trade/draft decision by the AFL to prohibit the third man up, have combined to significantly weaken our ability to get first hands on the ball.

The issues go deeper than that and, if there are some disgruntled players, the club needs to have it out and resolve it or the players invited to move on. These types of issues tend to raise their heads when a team is not living up to expectation. Pressure is applied by supporters and the media and individuals start looking around for someone else to blame. Jeremy McGovern was in a fine mood after the game joking and cracking jokes in the Bill Walker room so I am not overly concerned about disruption, but it needs to be sorted. They all need to be brought back together. Venables recent contract extension indicates that, although there may be issues within the group, it is still a place where players want to be.
Make the switch now
Fat Side
Veteran

Previous

Return to West Coast Eagles