West Coast v Sydney
Game Focus

Round 15 - Eagles V Dogs

Discussion of all things Eagles
(the "EaglesFlyingHigh" board)

Moderators: Mead, Streaker, Mr Q

Re: Round 15 - Eagles V Dogs

Postby Brickwall on Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:55 pm

Great win, tough, good performances. Don't think we could have expected more. Vardy and Darling very impressive. Obviously, there are issues but good launching pad. Masten tried hard but just hasn't got the overall skills for this level. With JK back and firing - I am confident we will win next four games.
Brickwall
Rookie

Postby farmer joe on Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:39 pm

Great win. Surprised Bradley Cooper and Mike Tyson didn't show up as the dogs are busy working on Hangover IV.
Redden > Priddis. 8 tackles.
farmer joe
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby domo_the_eagle on Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:54 pm

farmer joe wrote:Redden > Priddis. 8 tackles.

Agreed, it was a virtual like for like replacement. Priddis' form hadnt been great before his omission and i think redden performed in the role he should be positioned in. It will be interesting to see if he is an automatic inclusion next week.

With petrie and vardy in good form, it will be hard to decide who has to make way for LLycett next week as i think he is ready to come back now.
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Streaker on Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:26 pm

domo_the_eagle wrote:With petrie and vardy in good form, it will be hard to decide who has to make way for LLycett next week as i think he is ready to come back now.

Scott Lycett had 67 Hitouts, 21 Disposals and 6 Tackles. Someone has to make way fro the beast to return.
Streaker
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby domo_the_eagle on Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:32 pm

Streaker wrote:
domo_the_eagle wrote:With petrie and vardy in good form, it will be hard to decide who has to make way for LLycett next week as i think he is ready to come back now.

Scott Lycett had 67 Hitouts, 21 Disposals and 6 Tackles. Someone has to make way fro the beast to return.

Absolutely he has to be in. I think petrie has it over vardy in terms of fwd/ruck but shit Vardy virtually saved that game for us.
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Fat Side on Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:56 pm

domo_the_eagle wrote:

Agreed, it was a virtual like for like replacement. Priddis' form hadnt been great before his omission and i think redden performed in the role he should be positioned in. It will be interesting to see if he is an automatic inclusion next week.

With petrie and vardy in good form, it will be hard to decide who has to make way for LLycett next week as i think he is ready to come back now.

Priddis' form is linked to his injuries. LeCras' form is linked to his chronic hip injury. So when the bright sparks on here are disparaging our players they ought to consider that they are playing under injury duress.
Make the switch now
2017 Sponsor of Willie (Pure Silk) Rioli
Fat Side
Veteran

Postby MrWoollie on Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:00 pm

domo_the_eagle wrote:

That game really supported my view of Redden. He has something to offer as the replacement for ageing Priddis. Plays the same role and can do it well if on his own. Do not want both in the team at the same time. If Priddis comes back next week, Redden should miss out. Personally I would leave Redden in and Priddis stays out until at least fully fit.

Vardy was good, as was Darling. Karpany very good in the first half. Shuey looked comfortable as captain.

As for the 4 inclusions, except for Redden (who revelled in the role is suited to) they were terrible.

What happened as expected was the Dogs burning us over the top on rebound. What was not expected was us doing the same to them.

Next week we have some interesting options. Possibly JK, Priddis, LeCras, Hurn, Lycett available. My choices.
JK in for Petrie (even though he has been good).
Lycett in for Vardy (same)
Hurn for Butler
Anyone for Masten.
Partington gets a game, Wellingham doesn't.
If LeCras comes in then Cripps goes out.
2017 sponsor of #6 - Elliot Yeo. 2017 B&F, 2017 EFH POTY.
MrWoollie
Veteran

Postby farmer joe on Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:06 pm

Fat Side wrote:
domo_the_eagle wrote:

Priddis' form is linked to his injuries. LeCras' form is linked to his chronic hip injury. So when the bright sparks on here are disparaging our players they ought to consider that they are playing under injury duress.

Priddis's form is linked to age and injuries. Redden played well. Really well. Give him some bloody credit. Same as Karpany. A small forward who can kick straight. Haven't we needed one of them...
farmer joe
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby penrith eagle on Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:29 pm

MrWoollie wrote:Next week we have some interesting options. Possibly JK, Priddis, LeCras, Hurn, Lycett available. My choices.
Hurn for Butler
Anyone for Masten.

Add nelson to that list as well

I don't think they will drop Vardy after his performance

For me

Kennedy for Petrie agree Drew has been good but JK is the bomb
Hurn For Wellingham.....hip injury out for a few weeks
Nelson in for Butler....need nelsons run from the backline...could be butlers last game for the club
Masten out for Lycett......lets face it a ruckmen provides better than masten who is a midfielder...we need 2 rucks against ryder
Lecras for Cripps.....lecras playing for his career
Pridda for Redden......Hopefully Pridda injury is behind him

I would keep Macca in the team and have the gov play forward playing the swingman role to go back if needed....Macca has been playing good getting his confidence back......Darling has being playing well since the gov swung forward...I like 3 Big targets up forward..... Jk Gov or Lycett and darling....with lecras and karpanny ..looks good

Schofield is an option but I think we will be too tall if he comes in.....Schofield can play on smalls and talls but I think they will continue with cole

Partington should of played this week for bloody masten......I just think there is not a place next week for him

Hopefully encouraging signs ahead....competition for places hopefully produces some wins
The will to win...we have lost it.......maybe its coming back ??

eagles forever
penrith eagle
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby domo_the_eagle on Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:41 pm

Fat Side wrote:
domo_the_eagle wrote:

Yeh no shit, do i have to state every list of inputs and assumptions before you get off ya high horse?
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby domo_the_eagle on Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:44 pm

Fat Side wrote:Priddis' form is linked to his injuries. LeCras' form is linked to his chronic hip injury. So when the bright sparks on here are disparaging our players they ought to consider that they are playing under injury duress.

It was refreshing to see a small forward actually kick straight.
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Pinion King on Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:48 am

Fat Side wrote:Priddis' form is linked to his injuries. LeCras' form is linked to his chronic hip injury. So when the bright sparks on here are disparaging our players they ought to consider that they are playing under injury duress.

If they were under injury clouds they shouldn't have been playing. Based on how they have played they have been under clouds for over half the season?

Priddis goes out and all of a sudden we dominate the clearances, even though we lost the ruck battle, and our game changes from scoring off half back to scoring from clearances. First time Karpany get's multiple games in a row and he has a break out game. He kicks three goals that LeCras hasn't kicked away from home.

Both of them have been legends of the club, but the game has gone past them and we need to move forward.

I will sit down and watch the replay when it comes out online, but we actually looked good, for 3 quarters any way.
- We went in hard
- We won the ball
- We stuck tackles.
- Shuey lead from the front as a captain.
- Gaff ran-a-muck even if his disposal was shocking he still got the ball going our way.
- Hutchings did and awesome job.
- Darling finally did something outside of Subi
- Karpany had a break out game
- Redden started to show what he's got with Priddis out.
- I had flashes of Cox kicking a goal then taking a defensive mark all those years ago when Vardy stood up.
Official 2017 EFH Sponsor of Josh Kennedy, Fraser McInnes, and Joshua Rotham
Official 2015 EFH Sponsor of Liam Duggan
Official 2014 EFH Sponsor of Elliot Yeo
Official 2013 EFH Sponsor of Dean Cox
Pinion King
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Fat Side on Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:54 am

MrWoollie wrote:
domo_the_eagle wrote:

That game really supported my view of Redden. He has something to offer as the replacement for ageing Priddis. Plays the same role and can do it well if on his own. Do not want both in the team at the same time. If Priddis comes back next week, Redden should miss out. Personally I would leave Redden in and Priddis stays out until at least fully fit.

Vardy was good, as was Darling. Karpany very good in the first half. Shuey looked comfortable as captain.

As for the 4 inclusions, except for Redden (who revelled in the role is suited to) they were terrible.

What happened as expected was the Dogs burning us over the top on rebound. What was not expected was us doing the same to them.

Next week we have some interesting options. Possibly JK, Priddis, LeCras, Hurn, Lycett available. My choices.
Hurn for Butler
Anyone for Masten.

We can't drop both Vardy and Petrie. Lycett would need assistance in the ruck. JK has to come in at the expense of Mackenzie or Barrass because McGovern can return to defence. Hurn for Wellingham as he is injured, Lycett for Petrie, LeCras gets another week off. Cripps regained some confidence yesterday. Cole was quiet but deserves another run. Partington for Butler maybe.

Mutimer 32 disposals and 2 goals, McInness 3 goals, Lamb 30 disposals. All against pretty poor opposition. EP 122 hitout to EF 17 - diabolical.
Make the switch now
2017 Sponsor of Willie (Pure Silk) Rioli
Fat Side
Veteran

Postby penrith eagle on Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:09 am

Fat Side wrote: at the expense of Mackenzie

Dropping Macca after keeping Stringer quiet in the first half.....Macca is starting to regain his confidence I would keep him in

Macca is an ideal match up for Charlie Dixon this week....remember Dixon last game against us ?? kept Port in the game
The will to win...we have lost it.......maybe its coming back ??

eagles forever
penrith eagle
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby domo_the_eagle on Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:13 am

penrith eagle wrote:
Fat Side wrote: at the expense of Mackenzie

Dropping Macca after keeping Stringer quiet in the first half.....Macca is starting to regain his confidence I would keep him in

Macca is an ideal match up for Charlie Dixon this week....remember Dixon last game against us ?? kept Port in the game

THESE are good dilemmas to have people.
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

PreviousNext

Return to West Coast Eagles