West Coast v Sydney
Game Focus

Round 14 WCE vs DEMONS

Discussion of all things Eagles
(the "EaglesFlyingHigh" board)

Moderators: Mead, Streaker, Mr Q

Round 14 WCE vs DEMONS

Postby domo_the_eagle on Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:53 pm

A must win for both teams. Can we back up a physical type of game that was on display with the cats. If the players have the hunger than it shouldnt be a problem.

This is the type of game the dees woud notoriously drop after a big win. So they would be aware of this and look to make a stop to it.

Has Llycett done enough in the WAFL to get a recall? Probably not as based on the stats it appears he was on limited minutes.

Most likely be at least 1 change with nelson sustaining a hammy. Shuey may also miss a week.

Out: nelson, shuey
In: wellingham (shudders), masten (shudders)

Id like to get venebles in there but i think he may be injured?
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

Re: Round 14 WCE vs DEMONS

Postby Bodhi on Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:12 am

domo_the_eagle wrote:Out: nelson, shuey
In: wellingham (shudders), masten (shudders)

I am hoping Shuey will only get fined, but if not your shudders would be justified. I will beg to not have Masten come back in. Do you think Partington and Karpany could make an appearance? I hope so but, unfortunately Masten had a good one at WAFL level, and could be considered. Time to start yelling loudly "NOT MASTEN".
Bodhi
Regular

Postby WCE06 on Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:16 pm

I am hoping Shuey will only get fined, but if not your shudders would be justified.

Fine upgraded to a week (sacred cow loading)
However strong or fast or skilled a knight is there are others who can match him. A man will win one tournament and fall quickly in the next. A slick spot on the grass may mean defeat, or what you had for supper the last night. A change in the wind may mean victory.
George R. R. Martin.
WCE06
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby DALBY on Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:51 pm

Agree with Nelson out for Wellingham, Cripps and Lecca out, Karpany and Hill in.
Do or do not!
There is no try.
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Total Package on Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:01 pm

Shuey got off!!!
Total Package
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Mykidsdad on Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:07 pm

Nelson and Lecca out, Wellingham for Nelson i reckon and one of the youngsters for Lecca.
Official sponsor Wellingham, Watson, Priddis and Hurn for 2017.

I got some work to do.
Mykidsdad
Veteran

Postby Hamburger on Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:07 pm

Only forced change would be to find a replacement for Nelson. Wellingham most likely.
Kennedy may be available again and so someone needs to go out for him.
Also the demons will have Gawn back this week and he will monster the two part timers so there will be some pressure to bring Lycett back in.
While I agree with the sentiment about dropping Lecras (did little) and Cripps (missed easy shots) I think it would only be LeCras who gets dropped if at all.
If LeCras did ever get dropped then Partington could get a shot...he certainly deserves a chance.

potential ins Wellingham, Kennedy, Lycett, Partington.
potential outs Nelson (inj), EMac (structure), Petrie (structure), LeCras (form).

So Vardy and Lycett share the ruck duties and the Governator returns to defence.
Hamburger
Veteran

Postby Fair Bump Play On on Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:18 pm

Total Package wrote:Shuey got off!!!

Not surprised about that given there was not much in it. Deserved to be looked at; but that was about it. The main person leading the charge for there to be a suspension was Gary Lion. Suspect a large amount of bias.
Proud 2017 sponsor of Liam -Dangerfield- Duggan, Will Schofield, Simon - the tank - Tunbridge & Tom Gorter
Past sponsor; 2016 self appointed sponsor of Sam it's better with Butler, 2015 of Jamie lace out Bennell, Scooter - future vice-captain - Selwood. 2013 of Mitch - Mr Required - Brown, (And he stayed), 2012 of Scott - the future - Lycett, (And he is), 2011 of Vice Captain – fair, but get out of his way - Beau Waters, (His greatest year)
Fair Bump Play On
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Mykidsdad on Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:18 pm

If Kennedy is fit, Petrie would have to miss
Official sponsor Wellingham, Watson, Priddis and Hurn for 2017.

I got some work to do.
Mykidsdad
Veteran

Postby penrith eagle on Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:26 pm

Ins Wellingham, Kennedy, Lycett

Outs nelson Petrie Macca
The will to win...we have lost it.......maybe its coming back ??

eagles forever
penrith eagle
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby mysterio on Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:45 pm

I think Le Cras could possibly be saved by the fact we had a win. Had we lost to the Cats, he would be dropped.

Fact is, last week was the game where he needed to put in a performance to save his spot and although not his worst game it didn't warrant him to stay in the side. Plus the fact he hasn't kicked a goal since round 7 and since then he has kicked 0.9. If a lot of other players had those stats, they would of already been dropped from the side.
mysterio
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Mead on Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:51 pm

It would be a risky call to play Lycett, he's looked a long way off match fit on the weekend. He's good, but he's not really good enough to justify a game ahead of Giles until he can manage a solid, best ruck on ground performance in the WAFL.

With Kennedy, I think we will probably beat the Dees, even if our midfield gets beaten. Then the following week, we will travel to Victoria and ho hum, business as usual.
Mead
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby aquila audax on Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:51 pm

The key to winning this game is to bring the intensity from last week .

Is there anyone who would be brave enough to guarantee ( with anything they own of value ) they will bring the same endeavour this week .
aquila audax
Regular

Postby MrWoollie on Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:51 am

aquila audax wrote:Is there anyone who would be brave enough to guarantee ( with anything they own of value ) they will bring the same endeavour this week .

Channelling my inner Jeremy Paxman when someone gets an answer wrong on University Challenge...
Big pause... then...
Nope
2017 sponsor of #6 - Elliot Yeo. 2017 B&F, 2017 EFH POTY.
MrWoollie
Veteran

Postby Mr Q on Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:11 am

Mead wrote: Then the following week, we will travel to Victoria and ho hum, business as usual.

This is like my Dad, when the opposition get the ball on a half back flank and calls "there's a goal". He's right about one time in ten.

You said you don't want to be a negative nelly - perhaps wait until it happens before calling it? ;)
"I like to pay taxes. With them I buy civilisation" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Alternative facts, alternative facts, pants on fire....
Mr Q
EFH Posting Lunatic

Next

Return to West Coast Eagles