Round 11 - WCE v GCS

Discussion of all things Eagles
(the "EaglesFlyingHigh" board)

Moderators: Mead, Streaker, Mr Q

Re: Round 11 - WCE v GCS

Postby Total Package on Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:04 pm

domo_the_eagle wrote:
Fair Bump Play On wrote:
Mykidsdad wrote:I heard Darling became a father yesterday and that his son came 7 weeks early??? Anyone confirm that? Might explain his poor showing today.

It would seem you were correct and it would certainly explain a poor showing, it must have been stressful and a drain on sleep. With this knowledge I would say we are none the wiser on Darlings current ability to play his part in a forward line without JK than we were before the game.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl/jack-d ... b88501254z

Hope everything is now going OK for Jack, wife and son.

Yep, certainly hope all is well.

In hindsight it would have been better if he flew back to be with his family. Physically fine but mentally he would have been off his game, and fair enough. 7 weeks unexpected premature labour would cause massive shock/worry and not being there to support his wife would have made him feel even worse.

Looks like the baby was born Midnight Friday night just before the game. I am guessing he didn't get much sleep that night! Looks like the baby is doing well.

Welcome to the world Max Christopher Darling born in the middle of the night on the 02/06/2017. Courtney and I are extremely proud to announce the early arrival our son Max, who couldn't wait another day and arrived quickly and unexpectedly while I was over east last weekend It was extremely difficult not to be there to support my beautiful, strong wife. Courtney I have admired your strength throughout the whole pregnancy, the past few weeks have been the most challenging time of our lives, Max and I are extremely lucky to have such an incredible woman in our lives and we love you. I am so blessed to have my wife and my son healthy and well. We would like to thank our wonderful family and friends for their love and support during this time and the amazing staff at the Family Birth Centre and King Edward Memorial Hospital for taking care of my family, thank you"

Total Package
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Mead on Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:49 pm

Yeah he gets a pass on that game I would say. Would have got zero sleep and been counting the hours till he got home.

They probably should have put him on the morning flight and played an emergency tbh.
Mead
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby domo_the_eagle on Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:22 am

Mead wrote:Yeah he gets a pass on that game I would say. Would have got zero sleep and been counting the hours till he got home.

They probably should have put him on the morning flight and played an emergency tbh.

It probably gives him a pass on the past few weeks, as they as a family knew there were some issues in the weeks beforehand. I know from personal experience the majority of my wife's pregnancy was pretty horrid, a few hospital visits in the early stages, then a scare half way through then the last 2 months were alot of hospital visits and monitoring. It really was a tough time and my work performance suffered as a result.
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Fat Side on Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:59 pm

Mead wrote:Yeah he gets a pass on that game I would say. Would have got zero sleep and been counting the hours till he got home.

Agreed. He would have been absolutely devastated that he couldn't be there. Not only to support his wife, but to see his beautiful boy being born. It would have been the longest and most stressful day of his life.

He missed it because he was away preparing for a game of footy for this club. Our footy club. He stayed and he played. That is courage.
Make the switch now
2017 Sponsor of Willie (Pure Silk) Rioli
Fat Side
Veteran

Previous

Return to West Coast Eagles