Duggan = Real Deal

Discussion of all things Eagles
(the "EaglesFlyingHigh" board)

Moderators: Mead, Streaker, Mr Q

Re: Duggan = Real Deal

Postby west coast ego on Mon May 25, 2015 12:35 pm

blue n gold forever wrote:
Bigbav wrote:
blue n gold forever wrote:Love him. The way he has just gone out and played like he has probably always played just makes him look natural.
Trenchy Duggin should be this weeks Rising Star nom, especially after every commentator today kept raving about him and basically telling them he should be.
Great kid, great future ...get his bloody signature NOW!!! :D

Trenchy? Not bad.

Hacksaw sticks better

Trenchy - if you are in a Trench you are DUG(G) IN !!

Hacksaw?

A reference to WWF/WWE Hall of Famer "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan I assume
2014 sponsor of Matty "Mark of the Year" Rosa.
west coast ego
Veteran

Postby blue n gold forever on Mon May 25, 2015 1:16 pm

west coast ego wrote:
blue n gold forever wrote:
Bigbav wrote:
Trenchy? Not bad.

Hacksaw sticks better

Trenchy - if you are in a Trench you are DUG(G) IN !!

Hacksaw?

A reference to WWF/WWE Hall of Famer "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan I assume

Nice...but like "Fatty" Lamb is using someone else's instead of being original. For Lamb I am hoping he gets to be really good or maybe Mint in a throw-back to years ago...then we could call him Minty as that also covers the old mint sauce you put on Lamb....
2016 Pity the fool
2015 Sponsor of Matt "A Whole Lotta" Rosa...
2014 Sponsor of the Ever Wounded Warrior (sigh!!) - Beau "The Enforcer" Waters....

Made it to the big dance, just couldn't do the boogie! :-((
blue n gold forever
Regular

Location: Sitting in the sunny South West waiting for the 2016 to commence

Postby CouchPotato on Mon May 25, 2015 1:23 pm

So - When does his rising star nomination get announced?
CouchPotato
Regular

Postby Pinion King on Mon May 25, 2015 10:15 pm

CouchPotato wrote:So - When does his rising star nomination get announced?

Duggan didn't get it. :evil:

Cam McCarthy, GWS did.
Official 2017 EFH Sponsor of Josh Kennedy, Fraser McInnes, and Joshua Rotham
Official 2015 EFH Sponsor of Liam Duggan
Official 2014 EFH Sponsor of Elliot Yeo
Official 2013 EFH Sponsor of Dean Cox
Pinion King
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Pinion King on Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:47 pm

Missed out on rising star again this week.

Jesse Hogan.

Didn't get as many touches this week, but certainly went hard at the ball, his collision with Macintosh (I think) in the last quarter left the cat wondering where he was. Once he was back on his feet he was involved in the next contest. The youngest boy on our list doing what some of the seniors don't do!
Pinion King
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby WCE Booka 89 on Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:57 pm

Pinion King wrote:Missed out on rising star again this week.

Jesse Hogan.

Didn't get as many touches this week, but certainly went hard at the ball, his collision with Macintosh (I think) in the last quarter left the cat wondering where he was. Once he was back on his feet he was involved in the next contest. The youngest boy on our list doing what some of the seniors don't do!

Hogan is a gun of a player. And if it is true what he said the Bob Murphy the other week then more than deserving just for the sledge (Murphy was mouthing off saying something about him being the dee's big white hope or next big thing to put him off, hogan nailed the goal and asked him where the bullies next big thing was and pointed to Boyd on the bench)
WCE Booka 89
EFH Legend

Postby Fair Bump Play On on Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:00 pm

Pinion King wrote:Missed out on rising star again this week.

Jesse Hogan.

Didn't get as many touches this week, but certainly went hard at the ball...

Time the Rising Star committee got moved to Lucerne Switzerland.
Proud 2017 sponsor of Liam -Dangerfield- Duggan, Will Schofield, Simon - the tank - Tunbridge & Tom Gorter
Past sponsor; 2016 self appointed sponsor of Sam it's better with Butler, 2015 of Jamie lace out Bennell, Scooter - future vice-captain - Selwood. 2013 of Mitch - Mr Required - Brown, (And he stayed), 2012 of Scott - the future - Lycett, (And he is), 2011 of Vice Captain – fair, but get out of his way - Beau Waters, (His greatest year)
Fair Bump Play On
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Pinion King on Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:22 am

Cool head for someone young:
https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport ... he-ground/

Let's hope he has adjusted enough to stay.
Duggan was homesick when he first arrived in Perth, but has adjusted. He believes he has plenty to look forward to in a youthful West Coast side.
Pinion King
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Tony Evans Rules on Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:45 pm

I always think that the first few months an interstate draftee gets drafted would be the toughest from a homesickness point of view. You're just busting a gut at preseason training, not playing footy and not getting home often.

If he stays in the side, Duggo will be getting back to Melbourne every 3 weeks or so and the club are pretty good about letting those guys stay back a day or 2. With this game against Richmond coming before the bye, he'll probably get the opportunity to spend nearly a week with friends/family over there.

Got a good head on his shoulders and I reckon we may see him sign an extension as soon as the end of the season.

God I love him.
Tony Evans Rules
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Crazy Dazz on Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:49 pm

Tony Evans Rules wrote:I always think that the first few months an interstate draftee gets drafted would be the toughest from a homesickness point of view. You're just busting a gut at preseason training, not playing footy and not getting home often.

Very tough ask for young kids just out of school, and Duggan was at the lower end of the age-bracket.
Hopefully it means that he craves stability, and he'll make some good friends here and settle in.
Crazy Dazz
EFH Legend

Postby snert on Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:48 am

Crazy Dazz wrote:
Tony Evans Rules wrote:I always think that the first few months an interstate draftee gets drafted would be the toughest from a homesickness point of view. You're just busting a gut at preseason training, not playing footy and not getting home often.

Very tough ask for young kids just out of school, and Duggan was at the lower end of the age-bracket.
Hopefully it means that he craves stability, and he'll make some good friends here and settle in.

He's from the country and we usually find that the country kids adjust to Perth better than the city kids from Melbourne
snert
EFH Legend

Postby CouchPotato on Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:04 am

Watched the carlton v Port match yesterday and Cripps was very impressive. Taken at 13, so we overlooked him for Duggan, and I'm sure the comparisons will continue throughout their careers.

Still pretty happy with out decision given the upside Duggan has. Cripps is already a pretty big body, so was always going to fit into AFL footy earlier, whereas Duggan needs to bulk up and could be a monster inside and outside the contest.
CouchPotato
Regular

Postby Streaker on Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:38 am

CouchPotato wrote:Watched the carlton v Port match yesterday and Cripps was very impressive. Taken at 13, so we overlooked him for Duggan, and I'm sure the comparisons will continue throughout their careers.

Still pretty happy with out decision given the upside Duggan has. Cripps is already a pretty big body, so was always going to fit into AFL footy earlier, whereas Duggan needs to bulk up and could be a monster inside and outside the contest.

Not the same draft.

Cripps was taken a year earlier than Duggan. We took Sheed at 11 in the same draft as Cripps.
Streaker
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Crazy Dazz on Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:45 pm

I thought he was excellent early on last night. There was one passage where he hit Kennedy on the chest with stab-pass, run so hard that by the time JK had pulled up and turned around, Duggan was well past him, took a long handpass, then hit JD on the lead.

So I was surprised when he was subbed. I'm hoping he wasn't injured?
And it was just a case of of fatigue management and getting Selwood into the game?
Crazy Dazz
EFH Legend

Postby Pinion King on Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:36 pm

Crazy Dazz wrote:I thought he was excellent early on last night. There was one passage where he hit Kennedy on the chest with stab-pass, run so hard that by the time JK had pulled up and turned around, Duggan was well past him, took a long handpass, then hit JD on the lead.

So I was surprised when he was subbed. I'm hoping he wasn't injured?
And it was just a case of of fatigue management and getting Selwood into the game?

He was just the unlucky one. He did drift out of the game a bit.
Pinion King
EFH Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to West Coast Eagles