Game Focus

Duggan = Real Deal

Discussion of all things Eagles
(the "EaglesFlyingHigh" board)

Moderators: Mead, Streaker, Mr Q

Re: Duggan = Real Deal

Postby Tony Evans Rules on Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:55 am

Pinion King wrote:
Crazy Dazz wrote:I thought he was excellent early on last night. There was one passage where he hit Kennedy on the chest with stab-pass, run so hard that by the time JK had pulled up and turned around, Duggan was well past him, took a long handpass, then hit JD on the lead.

So I was surprised when he was subbed. I'm hoping he wasn't injured?
And it was just a case of of fatigue management and getting Selwood into the game?

He was just the unlucky one. He did drift out of the game a bit.

Yep. Wouldn't be surprised to see him rotated into the WAFL this week for Rosa to try and find the footy.
Tony Evans Rules
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Pinion King on Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:20 am

Tony Evans Rules wrote:
Pinion King wrote:
Crazy Dazz wrote:I thought he was excellent early on last night. There was one passage where he hit Kennedy on the chest with stab-pass, run so hard that by the time JK had pulled up and turned around, Duggan was well past him, took a long handpass, then hit JD on the lead.

So I was surprised when he was subbed. I'm hoping he wasn't injured?
And it was just a case of of fatigue management and getting Selwood into the game?

He was just the unlucky one. He did drift out of the game a bit.

Yep. Wouldn't be surprised to see him rotated into the WAFL this week for Rosa to try and find the footy.

Was thinking the same thing. A full game or two where he has a chance to get his hands on the ball and cause havoc won't hurt him.
Official 2017 EFH Sponsor of Josh Kennedy, Fraser McInnes, and Joshua Rotham
Official 2015 EFH Sponsor of Liam Duggan
Official 2014 EFH Sponsor of Elliot Yeo
Official 2013 EFH Sponsor of Dean Cox
Pinion King
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby WCE06 on Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:09 am

Any news on Duggins knee? Am pissed off about this. We rest the kid - fine - but why didn't he go straight back into our team after the rest? Offers x50% on Selwood who must surely be dropped after his piss poor form continued on the weekend. And sure enough now Duggins injured.
However strong or fast or skilled a knight is there are others who can match him. A man will win one tournament and fall quickly in the next. A slick spot on the grass may mean defeat, or what you had for supper the last night. A change in the wind may mean victory.
George R. R. Martin.
WCE06
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby snert on Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:13 pm

WCE06 wrote:Any news on Duggins knee? Am pissed off about this. We rest the kid - fine - but why didn't he go straight back into our team after the rest? Offers x50% on Selwood who must surely be dropped after his piss poor form continued on the weekend. And sure enough now Duggins injured.

Selwood did a great job quelling Pendlebury. He only started to get cheap possessions when the game was over in the last.
snert
EFH Legend

Postby Pinion King on Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:07 pm

Details released tomorrow apparently.

He was on crutches today. Never a good sign.
Pinion King
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Crazy Dazz on Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:02 pm

Pinion King wrote:Details released tomorrow apparently.

Hopefully it will be a "blessing in disguise." Instead of getting pissed off (at being made to play WAFL because "Punching Bag" won't sign a new contract) and leaving after 2 seasons, he'll have a nice rest, go home and visit family, and sign an extension early next year.
Crazy Dazz
EFH Legend

Postby WCE06 on Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:45 am

snert wrote:
WCE06 wrote:Any news on Duggins knee? Am pissed off about this. We rest the kid - fine - but why didn't he go straight back into our team after the rest? Offers x50% on Selwood who must surely be dropped after his piss poor form continued on the weekend. And sure enough now Duggins injured.

Selwood did a great job quelling Pendlebury. He only started to get cheap possessions when the game was over in the last.

No Pendlebury was easily their best. Look, I respect your support of one of our players but it's time to call a spade a spade with Selwood. Failed to lay a single tackle, half of his dozen possessions missed targets and fluffed an obligatory goal from the top of the goal square. We cant afford to keep carrying him, he's stifling the development of a younger/better prospect (who is now seriously injured), needs to find form in the 2's.
However strong or fast or skilled a knight is there are others who can match him. A man will win one tournament and fall quickly in the next. A slick spot on the grass may mean defeat, or what you had for supper the last night. A change in the wind may mean victory.
George R. R. Martin.
WCE06
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby farmer joe on Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:52 am

WCE06 wrote:No Pendlebury was easily their best. Look, I respect your support of one of our players but it's time to call a spade a spade with Selwood. Failed to lay a single tackle, half of his dozen possessions missed targets and fluffed an obligatory goal from the top of the goal square. We cant afford to keep carrying him, he's stifling the development of a younger/better prospect (who is now seriously injured), needs to find form in the 2's.

I couldn't agree more. Though I am expecting to get banned from EFH as the love for Selwood ranks with the love of some of our greatest from people on this site. Yep he was pretty good in 2012 but he has never been the world beater than some think he is and his tackle count from the weekend highlights how he is going.
Plus he wont re-sign and I don't get why he isn't getting judged by the Judd rules. He is clearly weighing up the option of leaving and heading to the Cats. The inconsistency from some is staggering.
farmer joe
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Pinion King on Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:55 am

Crazy Dazz wrote:
Pinion King wrote:Details released tomorrow apparently.

Hopefully it will be a "blessing in disguise." Instead of getting pissed off (at being made to play WAFL because "Punching Bag" won't sign a new contract) and leaving after 2 seasons, he'll have a nice rest, go home and visit family, and sign an extension early next year.

Not playing footy means he has more time to think about other things including home.

Walking laps at training and sitting in the grandstand watching everyone else train and play and wanting nothing more then to be out there is harder.
Pinion King
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Pinion King on Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:56 am

farmer joe wrote:
WCE06 wrote:No Pendlebury was easily their best. Look, I respect your support of one of our players but it's time to call a spade a spade with Selwood. Failed to lay a single tackle, half of his dozen possessions missed targets and fluffed an obligatory goal from the top of the goal square. We cant afford to keep carrying him, he's stifling the development of a younger/better prospect (who is now seriously injured), needs to find form in the 2's.

I couldn't agree more. Though I am expecting to get banned from EFH as the love for Selwood ranks with the love of some of our greatest from people on this site. Yep he was pretty good in 2012 but he has never been the world beater than some think he is and his tackle count from the weekend highlights how he is going.
Plus he wont re-sign and I don't get why he isn't getting judged by the Judd rules. He is clearly weighing up the option of leaving and heading to the Cats. The inconsistency from some is staggering.

Can we concentrate on Duggan not Selwood in this thread?
Pinion King
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby WCE06 on Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:59 am

The relevence was dropping Duggin to play Selwood. It was like taking a Ferrari bush bashing, to protect your Corolla 180b.
George R. R. Martin.
WCE06
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby farmer joe on Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:03 am

Pinion King wrote:Can we concentrate on Duggan not Selwood in this thread?

That we can. I will put my hand up and say I am as staggered as WCE06 that the decision was made to play Duggan at EP. I am no footy expert but I don't get it. The kid was going well. If he was tired and sore then rest him completely.
farmer joe
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby WCE06 on Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:15 am

This issue is Duggan is a rare talent. That much is obvious. We were not benefiting the kid one iota playing him in the WAFL where the skills are a class below him. If he's fit, he plays AFL. And if it means dropping a protected species then so be it.

*I'm also nervous about talk of his PCL being season ending. I thought they were 4-8 week injuries? Who was it a few years ago who had a PCL for us, it never healed and ended up having the knee reconstructed?
George R. R. Martin.
WCE06
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Pinion King on Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:19 am

WCE06 wrote:This issue is Duggan is a rare talent. That much is obvious. We were not benefiting the kid one iota playing him in the WAFL where the skills are a class below him. If he's fit, he plays AFL. And if it means dropping a protected species then so be it.

*I'm also nervous about talk of his PCL being season ending. I thought they were 4-8 week injuries? Who was it a few years ago who had a PCL for us, it never healed and ended up having the knee reconstructed?

Masten had the PCL, it was 6 weeks.
Pinion King
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Total Package on Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:40 pm

WCE06 wrote:The relevence was dropping Duggin to play Selwood. It was like taking a Ferrari bush bashing, to protect your Corolla 180b.

Sadly Selwood is the vice captain who is a free agent at the end of the year. By not playing him we lower his value if he does leave... so we are stuffed either way.

Playing Duggan in the WAFL was probably a tactic to freshen him up and bring him in towards the end of the year... but that has backfired spectacularly now. I guess you can get injured doing anything... like trampolining.
Total Package
EFH Posting Lunatic

PreviousNext

Return to West Coast Eagles