West Coast v Sydney
Game Focus

The Everlasting Stadium Thread.

Discussion of all things Eagles
(the "EaglesFlyingHigh" board)

Moderators: Mead, Streaker, Mr Q

Re: The Everlasting Stadium Thread.

Postby HH on Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:30 pm

legal eagle wrote:Never received a deed ... What does the covenant in the deed say? Furthermore statutory misleading and deceptive conduct trumps private contractual obligations every time.

The deed doesn't contain any provisions enshrining rights to finals tix.

Not an expert on consumer law so don't know if there is a misleading and deceptive cause of action.
HH
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby HH on Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:33 pm

wce1293 wrote:That's what I'm questioning...it doesn't say "grand final TICKET guarantee". A reserve plus all the clubs (Stadium Club, Blue and Gold Terrace, Club 87) plus all the sponsors, staff, players families etc.... how many seats would that be? 20,000? Obviously not everyone goes to a Grand Final, but what if everyone did want a ticket? The AFL don't give competing clubs that many tickets.

I asked the club and I was told:

1. clubs competing in the grand final each get allocated 16,000 tickets; and
2. there are 11,000 seats at the new Perth Stadium with Priority 1 GF access.

So it seems to me that Priority 1 GF access will guarantee a GF ticket if the Eagles are in it but the Priority 2 GF access will be more of a lottery.
HH
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby wce1293 on Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:37 pm

HH wrote:
wce1293 wrote:

So it seems to me that Priority 1 GF access will guarantee a GF ticket if the Eagles are in it but the Priority 2 GF access will be more of a lottery.

Cheers HH. I couldn't bring myself to ring them AGAIN to ask more questions.

For the record, we got offered block 138 and we moved to block 143 in the absolute centre of the ground, about half way up so we're not quite under the roof (choice- we feel the roof over your head spoils the atmosphere when it isn't raining - which is 90% of the time.
So excited!
wce1293
Veteran

Postby Pinion King on Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:14 pm

wce1293 wrote:
HH wrote:
wce1293 wrote:

Cheers HH. I couldn't bring myself to ring them AGAIN to ask more questions.

For the record, we got offered block 138 and we moved to block 143 in the absolute centre of the ground, about half way up so we're not quite under the roof (choice- we feel the roof over your head spoils the atmosphere when it isn't raining - which is 90% of the time.
So excited!

Going to be interesting to see where I end up.

Because of a medical priority, I get assigned a seat to suit my needs and can't move.
Official 2017 EFH Sponsor of Josh Kennedy, Fraser McInnes, and Joshua Rotham
Official 2015 EFH Sponsor of Liam Duggan
Official 2014 EFH Sponsor of Elliot Yeo
Official 2013 EFH Sponsor of Dean Cox
Pinion King
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Pinion King on Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:24 pm

Wow! I'm impressed Eagles.

You put someone with a physical disability and someone with an eyesight problem in a forward pocket and further from any of the transport.
Pinion King
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Fair Bump Play On on Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:25 pm

Pinion King wrote:Wow! I'm impressed Eagles.

You put someone with a physical disability and someone with an eyesight problem in a forward pocket and further from any of the transport.

I hear you but you don't look ever into the sun from the western end; which for eyesight is an issue they probably considered. Plus are the seats cheaper? Did they make it level 5 to help you out?
Proud 2017 sponsor of Liam -Dangerfield- Duggan, Will Schofield, Simon - the tank - Tunbridge & Tom Gorter
Past sponsor; 2016 self appointed sponsor of Sam it's better with Butler, 2015 of Jamie lace out Bennell, Scooter - future vice-captain - Selwood. 2013 of Mitch - Mr Required - Brown, (And he stayed), 2012 of Scott - the future - Lycett, (And he is), 2011 of Vice Captain – fair, but get out of his way - Beau Waters, (His greatest year)
Fair Bump Play On
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Pinion King on Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:50 am

*Groans* couldn't they at least let us keep the Perth Stadium name for at least a year?
https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/optus-st ... b88652935z

Optus Stadium sounds terrible.
Pinion King
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Pinion King on Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:57 am

Fair Bump Play On wrote:
Pinion King wrote:Wow! I'm impressed Eagles.

I hear you but you don't look ever into the sun from the western end; which for eyesight is an issue they probably considered. Plus are the seats cheaper? Did they make it level 5 to help you out?

Cheaper, yes.

For the eyesight one, well he won't be able to see the other end of the field.
Pinion King
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Fat Side on Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:38 pm

Pinion King wrote:*Groans* couldn't they at least let us keep the Perth Stadium name for at least a year?

Who cares? It is still the same place.
Make the switch now
2017 Sponsor of Willie (Pure Silk) Rioli
Fat Side
Veteran

Postby MrWoollie on Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:18 pm

Pinion King wrote:*Groans* couldn't they at least let us keep the Perth Stadium name for at least a year?

For some strange reason it would sound better as 'Optus Arena' rather than 'Optus Stadium'. However, anything is better than 'Bet365 Stadium' as an example.

I was actually fearing that it might end up as 'Crown Stadium'. No fan of Optus (bad experiences) but could be worse
2017 sponsor of #6 - Elliot Yeo. 2017 B&F, 2017 EFH POTY.
MrWoollie
Veteran

Postby domo_the_eagle on Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:13 pm

MrWoollie wrote:

For some strange reason it would sound better as 'Optus Arena' rather than 'Optus Stadium'. However, anything is better than 'Bet365 Stadium' as an example.

I was actually fearing that it might end up as 'Crown Stadium'. No fan of Optus (bad experiences) but could be worse

Optus Oval...

I would have preferred Crazy Johns Stadium.
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Fat Side on Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:26 pm

Placeholder allocations will commence tomorrow (Friday)
Make the switch now
2017 Sponsor of Willie (Pure Silk) Rioli
Fat Side
Veteran

Postby ruckroving on Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:50 pm

We already have advertisements plastered over players and any stationary surface in our arenas. The new stadium will no doubt have distracting, flashing electronic boundary signage. The scoreboard will show loud, puerile advertisements at every opportunity. (At Subiaco we had one before every replay. And if the replay didn't happen for some reason we always got the advertisement anyway.) How much do we have to endure, when we get no benefit from all this? Our memberships are going up, not down. And the corporate boxes will be filled with advertisers preening at their names being displayed.

It goes on and on for no benefit to those of us who fork out big bucks to watch a game of football.
ruckroving
Regular

Postby WCE Booka 89 on Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:37 pm

ruckroving wrote:We already have advertisements plastered over players and any stationary surface in our arenas. The new stadium will no doubt have distracting, flashing electronic boundary signage. The scoreboard will show loud, puerile advertisements at every opportunity. (At Subiaco we had one before every replay. And if the replay didn't happen for some reason we always got the advertisement anyway.) How much do we have to endure, when we get no benefit from all this? Our memberships are going up, not down. And the corporate boxes will be filled with advertisers preening at their names being displayed.

It goes on and on for no benefit to those of us who fork out big bucks to watch a game of football.

Speaking of no benefit, Adelaide oval has announced their prices for their food and drink for next year. Think it was $9.20 for a beer, 5.80 for a soft drink and $5 for a bottle of water. That is putrid. $9.2 for something that is half way between a middy and a schooner and only midstrength... How can they justify it?
WCE Booka 89
EFH Legend

Postby farmer joe on Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:48 am

WCE Booka 89 wrote:
ruckroving wrote:We already have advertisements plastered over players and any stationary surface in our arenas. The new stadium will no doubt have distracting, flashing electronic boundary signage. The scoreboard will show loud, puerile advertisements at every opportunity. (At Subiaco we had one before every replay. And if the replay didn't happen for some reason we always got the advertisement anyway.) How much do we have to endure, when we get no benefit from all this? Our memberships are going up, not down. And the corporate boxes will be filled with advertisers preening at their names being displayed.

Speaking of no benefit, Adelaide oval has announced their prices for their food and drink for next year. Think it was $9.20 for a beer, 5.80 for a soft drink and $5 for a bottle of water. That is putrid. $9.2 for something that is half way between a middy and a schooner and only midstrength... How can they justify it?

Full strength beer in Adelaide mate.
farmer joe
EFH Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to West Coast Eagles