Game Focus

The Everlasting Stadium Thread.

Discussion of all things Eagles
(the "EaglesFlyingHigh" board)

Moderators: Mead, Streaker, Mr Q

Re: The Everlasting Stadium Thread.

Postby Fair Bump Play On on Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:25 pm

Good value if was in your price range.

Around 1,400 Bankwest Club memberships, which cost $6000 per year, were exhausted on Monday afternoon, with a lengthy waiting list now in place.

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/perth ... zktcw.html

Other than sitting with people in that price range might be a bit dull.
Proud 2017 sponsor of Liam -Dangerfield- Duggan, Will Schofield, Simon - the tank - Tunbridge & Tom Gorter
Past sponsor; 2016 self appointed sponsor of Sam it's better with Butler, 2015 of Jamie lace out Bennell, Scooter - future vice-captain - Selwood. 2013 of Mitch - Mr Required - Brown, (And he stayed), 2012 of Scott - the future - Lycett, (And he is), 2011 of Vice Captain – fair, but get out of his way - Beau Waters, (His greatest year)
Fair Bump Play On
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby legal eagle on Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:17 am

Anyoneone know what is the number of the back row in the top tier? Also, in attempting to change a group, is it a case of Select Seat then Submit, X many times OR Select Seat X many times then Submit (if that makes any sense)?
2015 Sponsor of Murray "Hello" Newman
legal eagle
Veteran

Postby Mr Q on Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:30 pm

gus3232 wrote:Has anyone been successful in changing seats? I can't access any changes until Thursday (16th) morning but just noticed that the seats I want to move into are now gone, so someone else has snapped them up. BUGGER!

My window opened this morning, and by the time I had time to log on at 11:30, there were no sets of three seats together in either of the blocks I wanted (330/331).

However, I checked again now (16:15), and I found that three seats had opened up in 331 (in a middlish row), which I promptly snapped up.

I'm guessing you have to keep checking until you get what you want. Of course, every day more and more people will be able to change, with only people who've approved their existing seats or already changed unable to move.

legal eagle wrote:Anyoneone know what is the number of the back row in the top tier? Also, in attempting to change a group, is it a case of Select Seat then Submit, X many times OR Select Seat X many times then Submit (if that makes any sense)?

You select a seat and press "Add to Cart". Rinse and repeat until you've selected all your seats then there's a checkout button.

The checkout will talk about the total cost of all your tickets, but you'll only have to stump up in the end for the $50/seat deposit.

Looks to me from the Virtual Venue site that the back row would be Row 22 or so.
"I like to pay taxes. With them I buy civilisation" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Alternative facts, alternative facts, pants on fire....
Mr Q
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby legal eagle on Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:27 pm

Thanks Mr Q. It's going to be a task trying to change 11 seats that someone else has their eye on at the same time but them's the breaks.
legal eagle
Veteran

Postby Mr Q on Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:33 pm

legal eagle wrote:Thanks Mr Q. It's going to be a task trying to change 11 seats that someone else has their eye on at the same time but them's the breaks.

Honestly, I think if you want to change 11 seats in one group then... yeah. You'll struggle to find 11 together anywhere in the stadium.
Mr Q
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby gus3232 on Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:40 am

Just managed to move from row 15 in block to row 2 of the next block along, closer to the centre.

A little tip is to be patient, seats free up gradually.

Best of luck to everyone.
Oh noooo....the front door's exploded!!!
gus3232
Regular

Postby Fat Side on Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:31 pm

gus3232 wrote:Just managed to move from row 15 in block to row 2 of the next block along, closer to the centre.

A little tip is to be patient, seats free up gradually.

Best of luck to everyone.

Well done dude. I have been monitoring seat movements daily. My window opens on Monday and I have areas I would like to move to if I can. Some pop up here and there, so i'll remain patient. Cheers
Make the switch now
2017 Sponsor of Willie (Pure Silk) Rioli
Fat Side
Veteran

Postby legal eagle on Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:35 pm

Mr Q wrote:
legal eagle wrote:Thanks Mr Q. It's going to be a task trying to change 11 seats that someone else has their eye on at the same time but them's the breaks.

Honestly, I think if you want to change 11 seats in one group then... yeah. You'll struggle to find 11 together anywhere in the stadium.

Actually easy. Nothing to suit on lower tier but moved two blocks closer to centre wing (only one block off centre now) and a couple of rows lower down but should still be out of the weather. 6 seats one row, 5 directly behind those. Better than I thought possible at this stage.But still too many poor scenarios to call transition a success story.
legal eagle
Veteran

Postby Fat Side on Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:47 pm

My window opened at midday. I was able to change to seats in my preferred location by 12.40.

I now have better seats in a better location than Subiaco and saved $110.

Very happy
Make the switch now
2017 Sponsor of Willie (Pure Silk) Rioli
Fat Side
Veteran

Postby Fair Bump Play On on Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:47 pm

New stadium, same immature ill behaving citizens. Mid strength beer and cider for the irresponsible plebs and full strength for the upper-class.
Proud 2017 sponsor of Liam -Dangerfield- Duggan, Will Schofield, Simon - the tank - Tunbridge & Tom Gorter
Past sponsor; 2016 self appointed sponsor of Sam it's better with Butler, 2015 of Jamie lace out Bennell, Scooter - future vice-captain - Selwood. 2013 of Mitch - Mr Required - Brown, (And he stayed), 2012 of Scott - the future - Lycett, (And he is), 2011 of Vice Captain – fair, but get out of his way - Beau Waters, (His greatest year)
Fair Bump Play On
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby HH on Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:38 pm

Who would’ve guessed that a new stadium could be turned into a case study for social classes in twenty first century Western Australia.
HH
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby jourgo on Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:34 am

Fair Bump Play On wrote:New stadium, same immature ill behaving citizens. Mid strength beer and cider for the irresponsible plebs and full strength for the upper-class.

I'll preface this by saying I don't have a dog in this fight. I rarely drink at the ground and having full strength beer available at the game is very unlikely to change that.

Now with that out of the way, the mid-strength beer thing shits me no end. There seems to be some strange belief that someone who acts like a complete arsehole on full strength beer isn't going to act like that on mid-strength. Utter horseshit - especially since these arseholes usually tanked up before the game anyway.
I got a fever.
And the only prescription,
Is MORE COWBELL!
jourgo
EFH Legend

Postby Fair Bump Play On on Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:29 am

jourgo wrote:
Fair Bump Play On wrote:New stadium, same immature ill behaving citizens. Mid strength beer and cider for the irresponsible plebs and full strength for the upper-class.

I'll preface this by saying I don't have a dog in this fight. I rarely drink at the ground and having full strength beer available at the game is very unlikely to change that.

Now with that out of the way, the mid-strength beer thing shits me no end. There seems to be some strange belief that someone who acts like a complete arsehole on full strength beer isn't going to act like that on mid-strength. Utter horseshit - especially since these arseholes usually tanked up before the game anyway.

I also rarely drink at the footy. The complaint is not a personal one but at the slap in the face to the average responsible West Australian.

Listening to 6PR this morning even the ex police commissioner Karl O'Callaghan did not think drinking or police numbers at the football were an issue; opposed to his opinion of the cricket. (Which surprised me as I thought he was normally a bit of a wowser on such things)
Fair Bump Play On
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Mr Q on Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:36 am

Fair Bump Play On wrote:Listening to 6PR this morning even the ex police commissioner Karl O'Callaghan did not think drinking or police numbers at the football were an issue; opposed to his opinion of the cricket. (Which surprised me as I thought he was normally a bit of a wowser on such things)

Cricket is (20/20 aside) usually a much longer event than the footy, and is played in the heat of summer, when I'd think drinking is more of a thing.

I remember seeing somewhere that in the 70s, the rule at the cricket was that you could bring in a maximum of one carton per person.
Mr Q
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Fair Bump Play On on Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:56 pm

Mr Q wrote:
Fair Bump Play On wrote:Listening to 6PR this morning even the ex police commissioner Karl O'Callaghan did not think drinking or police numbers at the football were an issue; opposed to his opinion of the cricket. (Which surprised me as I thought he was normally a bit of a wowser on such things)

Cricket is (20/20 aside) usually a much longer event than the footy, and is played in the heat of summer, when I'd think drinking is more of a thing.

I remember seeing somewhere that in the 70s, the rule at the cricket was that you could bring in a maximum of one carton per person.

The late 70s would have been when that rule was brought in I reckon; before that it was whatever. Long before I ever went to the WACA but it made the news with much outrage. Blokes had to start getting their girlfriends and wife's to bring a carton.
Fair Bump Play On
EFH Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to West Coast Eagles