Game Focus

The Everlasting Stadium Thread.

Discussion of all things Eagles
(the "EaglesFlyingHigh" board)

Moderators: Mead, Streaker, Mr Q

Re: The Everlasting Stadium Thread.

Postby farmer joe on Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:33 pm

gus3232 wrote:
farmer joe wrote:Mine starts on Monday at 4pm.

Interesting FJ, mine is 9am on Thursday Nov 16. Are you a "special" member?

Nah, wouldn’t think so. 16 year member. Though I made sure I only grouped our 3 tickets (mine, my son, my old man). I had rung the eagles and it was pretty obvious that a small group increased the chance of a good seat allocation so went with that.
farmer joe
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby gus3232 on Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:37 pm

Mr Q wrote:Mine is Wednesday. I'll probably wait and see what I can get.

Oh great so me wanting to see if I can get better seats and others having access to changing DAYS before me? Man that sucks.
Oh noooo....the front door's exploded!!!
gus3232
Regular

Postby Mr Q on Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:39 pm

farmer joe wrote:
gus3232 wrote:

Interesting FJ, mine is 9am on Thursday Nov 16. Are you a "special" member?

Nah, wouldn’t think so. 16 year member. Though I made sure I only grouped our 3 tickets (mine, my son, my old man). I had rung the eagles and it was pretty obvious that a small group increased the chance of a good seat allocation so went with that.

Hmm. That puts paid to the "length of membership" theory, as I'm a 27 year member (and also three tickets), and I'm after you. It does say length of membership on the FAQs though.

That actually pisses me off a bit that I'm after people who've been members for less time. Maybe I'll send a scathing email which will have no effect until way too late.

[Edit: it seems that we had a bit of the wrong end of the stick. All good now]

Seat Secure windows will run in order of consecutive length of membership (your group’s priority will be based on the tenure of the longest-serving member within your group). Group leaders will be notified of their Seat Secure window opening time by email on Friday, November 10. Seat Secure windows will commence on Tuesday, November 14. All windows will close at 5pm on Monday, November 27.

[Edit: it seems that we had a bit of the wrong end of the stick. All good now]
"I like to pay taxes. With them I buy civilisation" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Alternative facts, alternative facts, pants on fire....
Mr Q
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby farmer joe on Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:45 pm

Mr Q wrote:
Mind you, it wouldn't be the first time the Eagles have screwed up my length of membership.

Q. Looked again. My bad...I’m Monday the 20th nov.
farmer joe
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Mr Q on Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:51 pm

farmer joe wrote:
Mr Q wrote:
Mind you, it wouldn't be the first time the Eagles have screwed up my length of membership.

Q. Looked again. My bad...I’m Monday the 20th nov.

Ah, I shall not type the scathing email then :)
"I like to pay taxes. With them I buy civilisation" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Alternative facts, alternative facts, pants on fire....
Mr Q
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Fat Side on Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:21 pm

Feng Shuey wrote:Looking at the map, it seams all seats have been allocated to 60 odd thousand members. only 4283 seats in green (available).
Gonna be hard to get better seats if you don't like where you've been allocated.
Just out of curiosity, when does everyone's seat secure window begin?
Mine says 4 days, is that the same for everyone or will some be before that if they've been members for longer?

As people change seats others will become available
Make the switch now
2017 Sponsor of Willie (Pure Silk) Rioli
Fat Side
Veteran

Postby Fat Side on Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:21 pm

farmer joe wrote:
Feng Shuey wrote:Looking at the map, it seams all seats have been allocated to 60 odd thousand members. only 4283 seats in green (available).
Gonna be hard to get better seats if you don't like where you've been allocated.
Mine says 4 days, is that the same for everyone or will some be before that if they've been members for longer?

Mine starts on Monday at 4pm.

Mine starts Midday Monday and ends Midday the following Monday where I can change seats.
Make the switch now
2017 Sponsor of Willie (Pure Silk) Rioli
Fat Side
Veteran

Postby Feng Shuey on Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:56 pm

Fat Side wrote:

As people change seats others will become available

Yeah but it's not like fans have a variety of preferences, not many in a lower level wing seat is wanting to be in sun 3rd tier behind the goals. There is a basic consensus for good seats, the only chance is some people might want to not get rained on so are happy to go in the 3rd tier.
Most likely the seats that open up are the ones no one wants. We need people in good seats to be unimpressed and upgrade to Lounge, then we have the trickle down. But without the top end moving for what ever reason, I think the likelihood of changing is low.
Feng Shuey
Rookie

Postby Feng Shuey on Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:13 pm

The problem with allocating seats all in one go is that there is very little shuffle room. There's about 10 seats from each block not allocated.
They should've allocated the first 10%, those members then have 3 days to switch, having plenty to choose from, lock them in. (keep the rules of not leaving single seat gaps)
Then the next 10% get their seats allocated and so on.
Also the order of priority is by the longest serving member in a group. It should be average membership length over the group. Because one guy who had membership since 80s can add his non member mates to his group and still get priority over a group who all joined in the 90s.
It Also explains how so many seats have been allocated, 50,000 odd, of which 15,000 "know a guy".

ergh, sorry ranting away, cos I see the next 40 years being in unfavourable seats. :(
Feng Shuey
Rookie

Postby Daddyswing on Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:30 pm

18 year members. Allocated section 113 row 5. Seats towards wing side of block.
Seat secure window opens 11am Monday 20th. Doubt I'll be able to ugrade to anything better, but happy with what we got. Shouldnt get any sun but will get rain.
Say what you will about America, but 13 bucks still buys you a hell of a lot of mice!
Daddyswing
Veteran

Postby domo_the_eagle on Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:13 pm

Im pretty happy with my seat. Costs $25 a month, prime position :D.
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby cheese on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:48 pm

Wow my family still exists. Hello EFHers been a while. Got seats in 534 chances of excepting them are about 2% but seems I'm going to have to pay for the privilege of sitting where I'd like as nose bleeds aren't my thing.
Nice to see some familiar names still active
Luke THE OTHER FOOT Shuey
cheese
EFH Legend

Postby legal eagle on Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:14 am

Disappointed to say the least having gone from loved 152 for 17 years to 540, toward the back for who knows how long. What is the highest Row? Without being asked if we minded, downgraded from Premium seats to what are they? "C" grade at $500. And these come with a bonus downgrade of GF ballot priority and a (insert naughty word) member's hat. Everyone in our group had previously held Premium seats and our longest held membership is 3 x 20+ years, the majority of the rest, almost the same. Thanks a bunch WCE. It will be nigh on impossible to change our seats for something a little more to our liking, i.e. ones without the complimentary nose bleed. Thank you for agreeing to turn over a good deal of sought after seating areas to poncey lounges and bars and proximity to warmup areas (with $$$ memberships), instead of providing for members of today and the future who go to the footy to WATCH the footy. Thanks for providing information now that conflicts with your original advice, advice relied upon when applying for seating. Maybe, just maybe, it will be better than it looks but there'd better be one helluva season worth watching from the Gods next year.
2015 Sponsor of Murray "Hello" Newman
legal eagle
Veteran

Postby ruckroving on Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:16 am

From Block 100 on the northern side at Subiaco to Block 146 on the southern wing at Burswood. Despite length of memberships we now not only face the sun and the rain, but are on the wrong side of the ground to get on a train. With the walk and the queues that could take about half an hour. I predict next year we will see a lot of late arrivals on the southern side and a lot of early departures to beat the rush.

The Captain's Club privileges have been abandoned, except for a function room in the third tier at the city end. Good luck getting there and back from our seats for a drink at half time.

And we are being asked to pay $3,200 for four seats.

Not happy and four long term members are considering their position, literally.
ruckroving
Regular

Postby HH on Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:46 am

I've done my share of criticising the club's admin but I think it's unfair to blame them for the fact that the northern side is full of lounges and boxes for the corporates and high net worth individuals. They didn't build or design the stadium.

Having acknowledged that, I'm sure they're rubbing their hands with glee that the 50% increase in corporate box capacity over Subi means they can charge top dollar for the high yielding corporate boxes and the new concepts like the Field Club, Legends Club and Golden Eagles. They are in it to make money afterall. And here's the irony, I'm ok with them making huge profits provided they are ploughed back into the club to make it stronger to win more premierships and provide fans with the best game day experience. But the money made goes to grass roots footy and now and for the next ten years, should they not earn $10.3m a year at the new place, the WA taxpayer will cover the shortfall. I also understand most of the corporate boxes and premium hospitality experiences are sold out. Despite the mining bust, it appears there's still money around willing to pay for WCE corporate hospitality.

There are lots of disappointed people whose seats appear to be inferior to what they had at Subi. I think they know with the pent up In the Wings demand, any disgruntled members who don't renew will be replaced.

After things settle down and the hype of a new stadium goes away, it will be fascinating to see what the average crowd to both Eagles and dockers games will be.
HH
EFH Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to West Coast Eagles