West Coast v Sydney
Game Focus

The Everlasting Stadium Thread.

Discussion of all things Eagles
(the "EaglesFlyingHigh" board)

Moderators: Mead, Streaker, Mr Q

Re: The Everlasting Stadium Thread.

Postby farmer joe on Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:38 am

Section 113 row 10. Can’t see my invoice yet so having trouble knowing if they are A or B reserve?
farmer joe
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby domo_the_eagle on Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:43 am

farmer joe wrote:
WCE Booka 89 wrote:
ruckroving wrote:We already have advertisements plastered over players and any stationary surface in our arenas. The new stadium will no doubt have distracting, flashing electronic boundary signage. The scoreboard will show loud, puerile advertisements at every opportunity. (At Subiaco we had one before every replay. And if the replay didn't happen for some reason we always got the advertisement anyway.) How much do we have to endure, when we get no benefit from all this? Our memberships are going up, not down. And the corporate boxes will be filled with advertisers preening at their names being displayed.

It goes on and on for no benefit to those of us who fork out big bucks to watch a game of football.

Speaking of no benefit, Adelaide oval has announced their prices for their food and drink for next year. Think it was $9.20 for a beer, 5.80 for a soft drink and $5 for a bottle of water. That is putrid. $9.2 for something that is half way between a middy and a schooner and only midstrength... How can they justify it?

Full strength beer in Adelaide mate.

Its been 7 years since ive been to a game, whats the cost of a beer and pie at.the game.
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Fat Side on Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:00 am

domo_the_eagle wrote:
farmer joe wrote:
WCE Booka 89 wrote:
Speaking of no benefit, Adelaide oval has announced their prices for their food and drink for next year. Think it was $9.20 for a beer, 5.80 for a soft drink and $5 for a bottle of water. That is putrid. $9.2 for something that is half way between a middy and a schooner and only midstrength... How can they justify it?

Full strength beer in Adelaide mate.

Its been 7 years since ive been to a game, whats the cost of a beer and pie at.the game.

Last I looked a midstrength beer (in a plastic cup) was about $8.80). No idea about the food.
Make the switch now
2017 Sponsor of Willie (Pure Silk) Rioli
Fat Side
Veteran

Postby farmer joe on Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:23 am

domo_the_eagle wrote:Its been 7 years since ive been to a game, whats the cost of a beer and pie at.the game.

Short answer is lots. The WAFC was all about making money for them. I’m not expecting the new stadium will be any cheaper but I’m expecting a significant improvement in both quality and service (that is, no lines that take half a quarter to clear).
farmer joe
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby FXD on Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:07 am

Has everyone got their tickets for the Perth Stadium open day?

http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/perth-st ... orcatid=55
http://wceguernseys.tk
FXD
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby gus3232 on Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:08 am

ruckroving wrote:It goes on and on for no benefit to those of us who fork out big bucks to watch a game of football.

I was just talking to a disgruntled family member about these sorts of things. The ONLY way for things to change is people stop going to games. Plain and simple. That simply won't happen.

The AFL, the club and stadium management are not going to change a single thing (and why would they) when people keep snapping up tickets and buying food and grog at the games. Supply and demand.

I've set myself a $$ limit and if the membership is over that, then this 15 year member and both my 20+ year member parents won't be there.

It is still galling that there is no loyalty discount on memberships. A simple 1% per year of membership would be sufficient.

Can't help but smile whenever I hear that the club "values the members!!"
Oh noooo....the front door's exploded!!!
gus3232
Regular

Postby Wce1986 on Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:19 am

Hi There

Longer time reader first time poster

Any Season Members started getting their allocations email as yet?

I was told would be last week, then this week, but no doubt won't be until at least late next week

Yes being a tad impatient
Wce1986
Rookie

Postby Fat Side on Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:20 am

farmer joe wrote:Section 113 row 10. Can’t see my invoice yet so having trouble knowing if they are A or B reserve?

B Reserve.

After 18 years of being a Captain's Club member, they have offered me a ground level B Reserve seat. I was in an elevated seat in a similar area of the ground. I would have thought I would be offered an A Reserve seat.

If I can't change to something decent, I'll be spending my membership on an annual trip to Melbourne to watch a few games and try my luck with general admission when I feel like going to a game.
Make the switch now
2017 Sponsor of Willie (Pure Silk) Rioli
Fat Side
Veteran

Postby Feng Shuey on Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:29 am

Looking at the map, it seams all seats have been allocated to 60 odd thousand members. only 4283 seats in green (available).
Gonna be hard to get better seats if you don't like where you've been allocated.
Just out of curiosity, when does everyone's seat secure window begin?
Mine says 4 days, is that the same for everyone or will some be before that if they've been members for longer?
Feng Shuey
Rookie

Postby Mr Q on Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:31 am

Feng Shuey wrote:Looking at the map, it seams all seats have been allocated to 60 odd thousand members. only 4283 seats in green (available).
Gonna be hard to get better seats if you don't like where you've been allocated.
Mine says 4 days, is that the same for everyone or will some be before that if they've been members for longer?

That's unfortunate, as they missed my preferred block by one - and the one they gave me is more expensive than the one I wanted (and in my opinion inferior as well).

It may be that they've locked down everything until they've had a chance to see what happens with allocations.
"I like to pay taxes. With them I buy civilisation" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Alternative facts, alternative facts, pants on fire....
Mr Q
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby gus3232 on Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:19 pm

Wce1986 wrote:Hi There

Longer time reader first time poster

Any Season Members started getting their allocations email as yet?

I was told would be last week, then this week, but no doubt won't be until at least late next week

Yes being a tad impatient

Got mine a couple of hours ago, I would imagine yours will be happening very shortly, if not already.
gus3232
Regular

Postby farmer joe on Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:21 pm

Feng Shuey wrote:Looking at the map, it seams all seats have been allocated to 60 odd thousand members. only 4283 seats in green (available).

Mine starts on Monday at 4pm.
farmer joe
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby gus3232 on Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:22 pm

farmer joe wrote:Mine starts on Monday at 4pm.

Interesting FJ, mine is 9am on Thursday Nov 16. Are you a "special" member?
gus3232
Regular

Postby farmer joe on Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:29 pm

Fat Side wrote:
farmer joe wrote:Section 113 row 10. Can’t see my invoice yet so having trouble knowing if they are A or B reserve?

B Reserve.

After 18 years of being a Captain's Club member, they have offered me a ground level B Reserve seat. I was in an elevated seat in a similar area of the ground. I would have thought I would be offered an A Reserve seat.

If I can't change to something decent, I'll be spending my membership on an annual trip to Melbourne to watch a few games and try my luck with general admission when I feel like going to a game.

I’m happy with ours. Very similar to where our seats were at Subi (in front of the Bill Walker room). I’ve sat up and have sat down but I’ll take down. We also appear to be very close to the eagles race.
What was the go with the captains club? I see a fair bit of whinging on BF. Could you be a captains club member at Subi and sit in a cheap seat? If that is correct this was always going to end in tears for some. Also lots of complains going on from those that had bench seats (cheap) at Subi about not being given the same position. That was never going to happen as those seats are much more expensive at the new stadium (As they should be)
That said, I’m smiling. Happy days.
farmer joe
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Mr Q on Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:32 pm

gus3232 wrote:
farmer joe wrote:Mine starts on Monday at 4pm.

Interesting FJ, mine is 9am on Thursday Nov 16. Are you a "special" member?

Mine is Wednesday. I'll probably wait and see what I can get.

To be honest, what I've been offered is *very* similar to my Subi seats, but I'd like to get the same as my original seats (that got the TV camera put in front of them) right behind the goals.
"I like to pay taxes. With them I buy civilisation" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Alternative facts, alternative facts, pants on fire....
Mr Q
EFH Posting Lunatic

PreviousNext

Return to West Coast Eagles