Game Focus

The Everlasting Stadium Thread.

Discussion of all things Eagles
(the "EaglesFlyingHigh" board)

Moderators: Mead, Streaker, Mr Q

Re: The Everlasting Stadium Thread.

Postby Fat Side on Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:38 pm

farmer joe wrote:
Fat Side wrote:After the initial novelty wears off we will be lucky to see 40000 regular attendees. 60000 will be for finals and derbies. We can't get capacity at Subiaco and that's 43500.

You are one interesting dude sometimes. Are you a 2017 eagles member? If so how long have you been a member?
I can't wait for the new stadium. I first went to Subi, I grew up in the bush, in 1975 when I was 6. I'm pretty sure I used the same toilet block that is still used in the 3 tier stand (but hey, the state was debt free...).
People don't go to Subi cause it's a shithole...going to the footy at the new stadium is going to be a completely different experience.
TP. I like the dig about Subi being hard to get to!

Firstly, yes I am a member and have been for 18 years. I first went to Subi for the 1979 WAFL first and second semi finals. I was with a combined team from the country competing in an interstate footy carnival. We were guests of the Subiaco footy club as we were in their zone.

As for the stadium, I certainly hope you're right. It looks great and the experience will be awesome. I hope we could get a regular 50k, but I don't believe we will.
Make the switch now
2017 Sponsor of Willie (Pure Silk) Rioli
Fat Side
Veteran

Postby HH on Sat May 06, 2017 2:34 pm

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/video ... facilities

Thanks for a nothing statement.

So in relation to these negotiations that are coming to a head in the next month, are your masters the WAFC still green-mailing the new Labor government (who promised to fix the issue with no details) for more money to fund grassroots footy? As an Eagles member, I personally don't care that the WAFC has a guaranteed sweet heart revenue stream for ever and ever amen to fund grass roots footy, I want to watch footy being played at the best venue possible and want management of the club to be solely concerned about that as well.

It is extremely ironic talking about new facilities for members, how much better it will be, how it is difficult to implement change management when we are deep into 2017 and this is all meant to be in place by 2018 but there is still no underlying deal in place because of the precious WAFC.

And the fact that the members can't do anything about this at all and hold management to account is the paradigm reason why the AFL should force the WAFC to sell the AFL licences back to the clubs themselves.
We want to move to Perth Stadium.
HH
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Total Package on Sun May 07, 2017 3:36 pm

So did any other wait list members get an email last week?

I'm now in the 8000's on the waitlist. They said that this year they offered 1,500 people seated membership from the waitlist... which hopefully means I get a membership in the new stadium.

They mention though in the email that they offered an upgrade to "Platform Pocket membership" to the first 4750 on the waitlist.... but I can't see anywhere on the website what "Platform pocket" actually means. Does anyone know?
Total Package
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Fat Side on Fri May 12, 2017 1:08 pm

https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/murray-w ... b88472798z

Sports Minister Mick Murray is playing hardball with the West Australian Football Commission in talks about the new Perth stadium, signalling the State Government could pull a funding offer.

The Government is losing patience with the arrogant WAFC.
Make the switch now
2017 Sponsor of Willie (Pure Silk) Rioli
Fat Side
Veteran

Postby Pinion King on Fri May 12, 2017 5:07 pm

Fat Side wrote:https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/murray-warns-footy-funding-could-be-cut-ng-b88472798z

Sports Minister Mick Murray is playing hardball with the West Australian Football Commission in talks about the new Perth stadium, signalling the State Government could pull a funding offer.

The Government is losing patience with the arrogant WAFC.

Wouls you rather thr5m be arrogant to try and get a good deal or roll over amd watch our already high membership prices go up.

Nisbert said they are closing in on a deal and the ball is in their court.
Official 2017 EFH Sponsor of Josh Kennedy, Fraser McInnes, and Joshua Rotham
Official 2015 EFH Sponsor of Liam Duggan
Official 2014 EFH Sponsor of Elliot Yeo
Official 2013 EFH Sponsor of Dean Cox
Pinion King
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby HH on Sun May 14, 2017 3:49 pm

Pinion King wrote:Wouls you rather thr5m be arrogant to try and get a good deal or roll over amd watch our already high membership prices go up.

It's not rolling over, it's greenmail.

The WAFC isn't protecting our rights as members - whether you be Eagles or Dockers - they are trying to greenmail out of the government (of both persuasions) an unrealistic guaranteed revenue stream to fund grassroots WA footy.
HH
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby farmer joe on Mon May 15, 2017 10:14 am

HH wrote:
Pinion King wrote:Wouls you rather thr5m be arrogant to try and get a good deal or roll over amd watch our already high membership prices go up.

It's not rolling over, it's greenmail.

The WAFC isn't protecting our rights as members - whether you be Eagles or Dockers - they are trying to greenmail out of the government (of both persuasions) an unrealistic guaranteed revenue stream to fund grassroots WA footy.

I cant agree more. The sooner the members of the eagles understand that the WAFC and their minions (Nisbett...) sole aim is to protect the WAFC the better. Members will be protected by the AFL and the state government hence why no deal has been done yet.
farmer joe
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Pinion King on Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:34 am

Official 2017 EFH Sponsor of Josh Kennedy, Fraser McInnes, and Joshua Rotham
Official 2015 EFH Sponsor of Liam Duggan
Official 2014 EFH Sponsor of Elliot Yeo
Official 2013 EFH Sponsor of Dean Cox
Pinion King
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby jourgo on Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:11 am

[sarcasm] Well spank my ass and call me Charlie, huh? Who'd have thought they'd get the deal done in time for AFL games to be played there next season.

Didn't see that coming.[/sarcasm]
I got a fever.
And the only prescription,
Is MORE COWBELL!
jourgo
EFH Legend

Postby masTers on Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:30 pm

Anyone else enjoying the fact it looks like a nest?
2012 - For Valerie
masTers
Regular

Postby HH on Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:49 am

Pinion King wrote:And we have a deal"
https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/at-long- ... b88498104z

I don't read that article as saying there's a deal at all. I read it as saying on the second stumbling point to the precious WAFC not accepting the previous government's 10 year guaranteed revenue stream, the WAFC actually wants 50 (fifty), yes 50 (fifty), farken years of guaranteed revenue. And they probably still want more than $10m a year for fifty years.

This is why Gil is coming over for a meeting. Time to stump up some AFL funds Gil.
HH
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Hamburger on Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:18 am

HH wrote:
Pinion King wrote:And we have a deal"
https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/at-long- ... b88498104z

I don't read that article as saying there's a deal at all. I read it as saying on the second stumbling point to the precious WAFC not accepting the previous government's 10 year guaranteed revenue stream, the WAFC actually wants 50 (fifty), yes 50 (fifty), farken years of guaranteed revenue. And they probably still want more than $10m a year for fifty years.

This is why Gil is coming over for a meeting. Time to stump up some AFL funds Gil.

And......the sticking point remains a sticking point. Gil turned up for the meeting, but they did not reach agreement because of on going 'negotiations' between the WAFC and the State Government
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-06/a ... se/8594512
Hamburger
Veteran

Postby domo_the_eagle on Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:44 am

Does the WAFL have to sign off on the deal as they hold the licences of both WA teams?
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby farmer joe on Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:48 am

domo_the_eagle wrote:Does the WAFL have to sign off on the deal as they hold the licences of both WA teams?

Its the WAFC not the WAFL that hold the AFL licences mate. Small but important distinction.

The Eagles and Dockers boards being independent of their owner (the WAFC) and doing what makes sense for their clubs and their members? Haha bloody ha.
farmer joe
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Mr Q on Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:46 pm

farmer joe wrote:The Eagles and Dockers boards being independent of their owner (the WAFC) and doing what makes sense for their clubs and their members? Haha bloody ha.

I guess though an element of that will be the expected cost to members.

If a membership goes from $450 in 2017 to $750 because of the costs at the new stadium for an equivalent seat, then they'd have to look at staying put in the best financial interests of their members (we already have some of the most expensive memberships in the land - probably because we don't have pokie palaces like the Vic clubs do, and we can't really afford massive hits there.
"I like to pay taxes. With them I buy civilisation" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Alternative facts, alternative facts, pants on fire....
Mr Q
EFH Posting Lunatic

PreviousNext

Return to West Coast Eagles