West Coast v Sydney
Game Focus

The Everlasting Stadium Thread.

Discussion of all things Eagles
(the "EaglesFlyingHigh" board)

Moderators: Mead, Streaker, Mr Q

Re: The Everlasting Stadium Thread.

Postby Fair Bump Play On on Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:40 am

Mr Q wrote:The bit you're missing is that most people on the Joondalup line would walk to Leederville directly, so no changing trains. There's no equivalent for the Mandurah line from Burswood.

There will be in 2021 if the metronet "Cockburn-to-Thornlie" line is built as planned.

I always thought this line would be essential to the long term viability of the stadium in this location.
Proud 2017 sponsor of Liam -Dangerfield- Duggan, Will Schofield, Simon - the tank - Tunbridge & Tom Gorter
Past sponsor; 2016 self appointed sponsor of Sam it's better with Butler, 2015 of Jamie lace out Bennell, Scooter - future vice-captain - Selwood. 2013 of Mitch - Mr Required - Brown, (And he stayed), 2012 of Scott - the future - Lycett, (And he is), 2011 of Vice Captain – fair, but get out of his way - Beau Waters, (His greatest year)
Fair Bump Play On
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Mr Q on Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:42 pm

Fair Bump Play On wrote:
Mr Q wrote:The bit you're missing is that most people on the Joondalup line would walk to Leederville directly, so no changing trains. There's no equivalent for the Mandurah line from Burswood.

There will be in 2021 if the metronet "Cockburn-to-Thornlie" line is built as planned.

I always thought this line would be essential to the long term viability of the stadium in this location.

Only partial. The busiest station on the line is Murdoch, which is north of that point.

It will certainly help, and should've been part of the stadium planning. But as far as i can tell, the planning was "under no circumstances continue with the previous government's plans". Oh, and give a free kick to Packer.
"I like to pay taxes. With them I buy civilisation" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Alternative facts, alternative facts, pants on fire....
Mr Q
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby HH on Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:05 pm

https://mobile.twitter.com/WestCoastEag ... 72/photo/1

This is what we’ve fought for and what our tax dollars have paid for. So let’s make it the truest home ground advantage in the nation and turn it into the Eagles Nest - the new house of pain.
HH
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Pinion King on Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:15 pm

Currently sitting on what would be the wing, ground level. Awesome view.
Official 2017 EFH Sponsor of Josh Kennedy, Fraser McInnes, and Joshua Rotham
Official 2015 EFH Sponsor of Liam Duggan
Official 2014 EFH Sponsor of Elliot Yeo
Official 2013 EFH Sponsor of Dean Cox
Pinion King
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Fair Bump Play On on Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:17 pm

Pinion King wrote:Currently sitting on what would be the wing, ground level. Awesome view.

Why were you currently on the wing? Some sort of a trial game there yesterday?
Proud 2017 sponsor of Liam -Dangerfield- Duggan, Will Schofield, Simon - the tank - Tunbridge & Tom Gorter
Past sponsor; 2016 self appointed sponsor of Sam it's better with Butler, 2015 of Jamie lace out Bennell, Scooter - future vice-captain - Selwood. 2013 of Mitch - Mr Required - Brown, (And he stayed), 2012 of Scott - the future - Lycett, (And he is), 2011 of Vice Captain – fair, but get out of his way - Beau Waters, (His greatest year)
Fair Bump Play On
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Pinion King on Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:45 pm

Fair Bump Play On wrote:
Pinion King wrote:Currently sitting on what would be the wing, ground level. Awesome view.

Yep. Was a T20 trial match.

The place looks awesome.
Pinion King
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Fair Bump Play On on Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:48 pm

Pinion King wrote:
Fair Bump Play On wrote:

The place looks awesome.

Bugger, that would have been an excellent game to get along too - especially as it's close to work. I didn't even hear about it. Did it only cost 5 bucks?

They are starting to poor concrete at the new HQ at Lathlain Oval I think; they've been digging a big hole for a while now.
Fair Bump Play On
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Pinion King on Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:43 pm

Fair Bump Play On wrote:
Pinion King wrote:
Fair Bump Play On wrote:

The place looks awesome.

Bugger, that would have been an excellent game to get along too - especially as it's close to work. I didn't even hear about it. Did it only cost 5 bucks?

They are starting to poor concrete at the new HQ at Lathlain Oval I think; they've been digging a big hole for a while now.

Was invitation only and only 10k tickets.

Good night. The wind coming off the river was freezing though. Everything was running, bars, food. No more crowded walkways, everything is open and can see the ground.

Great view, was sitting back row ground level, you feel almost on top of the ground. I was sitting higher than what would be the back row at subi and was closer to the field.

The extra money we are paying for our seats could be very much worth it.
Pinion King
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Fair Bump Play On on Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:42 pm

I see, good for you with the invite and first viewing.

Bit of a worry that the wind off the river at this time of year was freezing! If you look back thought some of my early posts on building a stadium in this location I always pointed to the concern of if being a freezing and damp location to build a stadium. I remember footy at the WACA and that is not quite as exposed to the wind and the river as the new stadium. It might well mean a lot of older members stop attending, especially night games. Which I'm sure will make some on the waiting list happy; till it be them freezing at the game:)
Fair Bump Play On
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby WC Aquila on Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:55 am

Be prepared for very cold games at the new stadium, I use to be a WACA member and I remember sitting in the Prindivillle Stand during the ODI day night games and regardless how hot it was during the day in the evening I had to wear a jumper. If you have seats in the 3rd tier of the new stadium it will be worse because of the opening at the back of the stand means that a large volume of air at the front of the stand will be funnelled throughout the narrower gap at the back so the wind will be faster and colder, in physics this is Bernoulli's principle.
WC Aquila
Regular

Postby Pinion King on Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:28 am

WC Aquila wrote:Be prepared for very cold games at the new stadium, I use to be a WACA member and I remember sitting in the Prindivillle Stand during the ODI day night games and regardless how hot it was during the day in the evening I had to wear a jumper. If you have seats in the 3rd tier of the new stadium it will be worse because of the opening at the back of the stand means that a large volume of air at the front of the stand will be funnelled throughout the narrower gap at the back so the wind will be faster and colder, in physics this is Bernoulli's principle.

Yep, I always take a jacket when I go to the WACA.

Our new seats are up there. I am sitting there for the ODI in Jan, so will be interesting to see what it is like during the day.
Pinion King
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Fair Bump Play On on Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:16 pm

And now the poor location choice for the Perth Stadium starts to come home to roost.

Perth Scorchers face crowd cap at Optus Stadium for Big Bash League final
We’ll have further discussions this week but it looks like being around 40,000,” Transport Minister Rita Saffioti told Gareth Parker’s Mornings show on Radio 6PR.

“It’s a product of the stadium location. I find this debate quite interesting …this was always the case and I remember trying to raise this when I was in opposition.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/perth-stad ... b88714548z
Fair Bump Play On
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Fair Bump Play On on Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:30 pm

Then there is the fact we have a brand new stadium that will not even allow the modern preferred transport option for many - Uber - to operate services to the stadium. If its because there is not enough room for taxis and other ride share then that becomes even more of a joke.

Perth’s new Optus Stadium to ban Uber drivers in favour of registered taxi rank
Uber and other ride-sharing drivers have been banned from Optus Stadium, with a cab rank next to the new arena to allow registered taxis only.

https://thewest.com.au/news/perth/perth ... b88706664z
Fair Bump Play On
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Mr Q on Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:12 pm

IMO Uber (the company, not necessarily the drivers) is scum of the highest order.

Seeing them get bans is fine by me.

Though for me, I'd actually ban *all* non ACROD vehicles from the venue altogether - private cars, taxis, f***ing Uber. The premium ticket holders having to catch the same trains as other people would be good for them.
"I like to pay taxes. With them I buy civilisation" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Alternative facts, alternative facts, pants on fire....
Mr Q
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby The Boat on Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:32 pm

Mr Q wrote:IMO Uber (the company, not necessarily the drivers) is scum of the highest order.

What? Why?

Are you telling me you would rather get rorted by the taxi industry for the rest of your life?

What about Shofer? Same sort of hatred?

The taxi industry have been fking over Perth citizens for decades, it is about time they get their comeuppance
The Boat
EFH Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to West Coast Eagles