Advanced  

Latest Result

Qualifying Final Sydney Showgrounds
Sun, 17 Sep 2017 • 17:25 WST
West Coast Greater Western Sydney
9.4 (58) 19.11 (125)
Game Focus



Trade Targets 2017

The list and its future

Moderator: DALBY

Trade Targets 2017

Postby Streaker on Mon May 29, 2017 5:43 pm

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-05-29/e ... johannisen

WEST Coast has joined the hunt for Western Bulldogs Norm Smith medallist Jason Johannisen. "West Coast has registered an interest in the player," Galic said.
Streaker
EFH Posting Lunatic
 
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:26 pm

Re: Trade Targets 2017

Postby domo_the_eagle on Mon May 29, 2017 7:42 pm

Could release yeo in the middle and he could also form part of the midfield rotation.
User avatar
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic
 
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:18 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Trade Targets 2017

Postby mysterio on Mon May 29, 2017 8:30 pm

I think West Coast's main targets should be JJ, M McGovern and Blake Acres.

It's a big couple of weeks for Darling, with Kennedy out, and it could decide his future at the club. If he stands up and performs, id be happy to keep him, if he doesn't and continues his mid level performance id be willing to trade him and possibly do a 3 way deal to get M McGovern in return.

I know for a fact, Fremantle have put forward an offer to Acres to return home. Growing up Acres was a West Coast fan and was hoping he would get drafted by us and even when got drafted by Saints, was possibly thinking of trying to get back home after a few seasons. Having said that, he has been at the Saints though for a few years now he seems to like it as I think he signed a contract extension a year or two back. But if Fremantle are trying to entice him back, West Coast should at least speak to him as if he wants to come home, I think we would be a decent chance at getting him as growing up all he wanted to do was play footy for West Coast.
User avatar
mysterio
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:37 am
Location: 619

Re: Trade Targets 2017

Postby domo_the_eagle on Mon May 29, 2017 8:36 pm

Turns out kennedy will only miss 3 weeks woth a calf strain.
User avatar
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic
 
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:18 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Trade Targets 2017

Postby Streaker on Mon May 29, 2017 8:44 pm

mysterio wrote:I know for a fact, Fremantle have put forward an offer to Acres to return home. Growing up Acres was a West Coast fan and was hoping he would get drafted by us and even when got drafted by Saints, was possibly thinking of trying to get back home after a few seasons. Having said that, he has been at the Saints though for a few years now he seems to like it as I think he signed a contract extension a year or two back. But if Fremantle are trying to entice him back, West Coast should at least speak to him as if he wants to come home, I think we would be a decent chance at getting him as growing up all he wanted to do was play footy for West Coast.


Ina an article in the age about potential changes to Free-Agency they mentioned that the AFL was considering Four-year free agency whereby any player earning on or under the median AFL wage would be free to choose a new club after four years of service.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/f ... wcck3.html
Players potentially falling into that four-year category at the end of 2017 include Zak Jones (Sydney), Blake Acres (St Kilda), Jarman Impey (Port Adelaide), Daniel McStay (Brisbane) and Tom Barrass (West Coast).


That sounds as if Blake Acres isn't getting good coin at the Saints and is out of contract this year, also means Barrass' name is there as well. Problem is what would it cost us?
Streaker
EFH Posting Lunatic
 
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:26 pm

Re: Trade Targets 2017

Postby CMM on Tue May 30, 2017 2:27 am

I'd absolutely love for Mitch McGovern come home. According to recent article on SEN (forgot the link) we are heavily into him.

Trade: 2018 First Rounder
Receive: Mitch McGovern
2017 Sponser of Chris Masten, Nic Naitanui and Jeremy McGovern
CMM
Rookie
 
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:22 pm
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Trade Targets 2017

Postby Streaker on Tue May 30, 2017 8:55 am

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/out_ ... ct_players

List of Players out of contract/
Whilst not completely accurate it gives you an idea of who is available.
Streaker
EFH Posting Lunatic
 
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:26 pm

Re: Trade Targets 2017

Postby Fair Bump Play On on Tue May 30, 2017 11:52 am

I see we still need to sign Thomas Gorter onto a long term contract.
Proud 2017 sponsor of Liam -Dangerfield- Duggan, Will Schofield, Simon - the tank - Tunbridge & Tom Gorter
Past sponsor; 2016 self appointed sponsor of Sam it's better with Butler, 2015 of Jamie lace out Bennell, Scooter - future vice-captain - Selwood. 2013 of Mitch - Mr Required - Brown, (And he stayed), 2012 of Scott - the future - Lycett, (And he is), 2011 of Vice Captain – fair, but get out of his way - Beau Waters, (His greatest year)
User avatar
Fair Bump Play On
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:06 pm
Location: Getting hot on this globe.

Re: Trade Targets 2017

Postby Mykidsdad on Tue May 30, 2017 12:50 pm

I would rather chase an A grade mid, we have enough forwards and defenders
Official sponsor Wellingham, Watson, Priddis and Hurn for 2017.

I got some work to do.
User avatar
Mykidsdad
Veteran
 
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:19 am
Location: Perth

Re: Trade Targets 2017

Postby jourgo on Tue May 30, 2017 1:33 pm

Yep - we should be putting in every effort to get JJ. I think he'd be easier to shift out of the Dogs than Acres would be to get out of St Kilda - they're on the cusp of being pretty damn good. JJ already has his premiership medal + a Norm Smith. Nothing left to prove at the Dogs - which isn't to say he'll shift, but makes it more of a possibility.
I got a fever.
And the only prescription,
Is MORE COWBELL!
User avatar
jourgo
EFH Legend
 
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:27 pm
Location: Sunshine Studios

Re: Trade Targets 2017

Postby Clarke Markx Goalz on Tue May 30, 2017 8:21 pm

Mykidsdad wrote:I would rather chase an A grade mid, we have enough forwards and defenders

Yeah, someone who wins the contested ball. Maybe someone with a cousin at the club and who also comes from Northampton. I don't think carlton would let Cripps of the P kind go cheaply. If Gibbs is anything to go by, it'll be 2 first rounders. but could be worth it, esp if Priddis and Mitchell retire.
2011 Official Sponsor of the Father-son and the Jacob Brennan.
2011 EFH Dreamteam minor premier.
2012 Sponsor of Josh 'the man, the Hero' Kennedy.
User avatar
Clarke Markx Goalz
Veteran
 
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:05 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: Trade Targets 2017

Postby domo_the_eagle on Tue May 30, 2017 8:34 pm

Clarke Markx Goalz wrote:
Mykidsdad wrote:I would rather chase an A grade mid, we have enough forwards and defenders

Yeah, someone who wins the contested ball. Maybe someone with a cousin at the club and who also comes from Northampton. I don't think carlton would let Cripps of the P kind go cheaply. If Gibbs is anything to go by, it'll be 2 first rounders. but could be worth it, esp if Priddis and Mitchell retire.


Masten plus a first rounder should do the trick :lol:
User avatar
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic
 
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:18 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Trade Targets 2017

Postby mysterio on Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:28 pm

Streaker wrote:
mysterio wrote:I know for a fact, Fremantle have put forward an offer to Acres to return home. Growing up Acres was a West Coast fan and was hoping he would get drafted by us and even when got drafted by Saints, was possibly thinking of trying to get back home after a few seasons. Having said that, he has been at the Saints though for a few years now he seems to like it as I think he signed a contract extension a year or two back. But if Fremantle are trying to entice him back, West Coast should at least speak to him as if he wants to come home, I think we would be a decent chance at getting him as growing up all he wanted to do was play footy for West Coast.


Ina an article in the age about potential changes to Free-Agency they mentioned that the AFL was considering Four-year free agency whereby any player earning on or under the median AFL wage would be free to choose a new club after four years of service.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/f ... wcck3.html
Players potentially falling into that four-year category at the end of 2017 include Zak Jones (Sydney), Blake Acres (St Kilda), Jarman Impey (Port Adelaide), Daniel McStay (Brisbane) and Tom Barrass (West Coast).


That sounds as if Blake Acres isn't getting good coin at the Saints and is out of contract this year, also means Barrass' name is there as well. Problem is what would it cost us?



With Saints having the bye this week, Acres is in Perth and was conviently catching up with Andrew McDougall today. McDougall is his manager. Looking likely to be returning home at the end of the season i reckon.
User avatar
mysterio
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:37 am
Location: 619

Re: Trade Targets 2017

Postby domo_the_eagle on Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:57 am

We will see how johannison stands up to being targeted, no doubt the rest of the comp will look how the swans took every opportunity to rough him up, within the rules of the game and how it affected his performance.

I would be incredibly dissapointed if we don't employ the same tactics on him in a few weeks.
User avatar
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic
 
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:18 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Trade Targets 2017

Postby WCE Booka 89 on Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:00 pm

domo_the_eagle wrote:We will see how johannison stands up to being targeted, no doubt the rest of the comp will look how the swans took every opportunity to rough him up, within the rules of the game and how it affected his performance.

I would be incredibly dissapointed if we don't employ the same tactics on him in a few weeks.


It seriously impacted his game the direct targetting didn't it? Yeah think we will probably give it a miss then. I mean our team is going really well anyways so we should be able to just go head to head with him and beat him that way anyways...
WCE Booka 89
EFH Legend
 
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:19 pm
Location: Mandurah WA

Next

Return to Drafts and Trading

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MrWoollie, Pinion King and 4 guests