West Coast Greater Western Sydney
9.4 (58) 19.11 (125)
Game Focus

Trade Targets 2017

The list and its future

Moderator: DALBY

Re: Trade Targets 2017

Postby Pinion King on Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:01 pm

Feng Shuey wrote:Port said Ah Chee would go into the draft if a deal couldn't be done. Are we likely to cave?
Or could we get him in the Pre-season draft/ late pick in National Draft??

Typical threat. They get off worse if they don't make the trade.

Correct me if I am wrong, if they de-list him we can grab him as a de-listed free agent?
Official 2017 EFH Sponsor of Josh Kennedy, Fraser McInnes, and Joshua Rotham
Official 2015 EFH Sponsor of Liam Duggan
Official 2014 EFH Sponsor of Elliot Yeo
Official 2013 EFH Sponsor of Dean Cox
Pinion King
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby DALBY on Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:03 pm

Pinion King wrote:
Feng Shuey wrote:Port said Ah Chee would go into the draft if a deal couldn't be done. Are we likely to cave?

Correct me if I am wrong, if they de-list him we can grab him as a de-listed free agent?

Correct, why are Port so hard to deal with?
Tom "Chops" Lamb
Guernsey 10, still only 20 years old, 193cm, "The best utility money can buy"
Drafted 32 in 2014.
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby domo_the_eagle on Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:10 pm

DALBY wrote:
Pinion King wrote:

i don't believe this is the case. it would be too easy.
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Pinion King on Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:13 pm

domo_the_eagle wrote:
DALBY wrote:
Pinion King wrote:Typical threat. They get off worse if they don't make the trade.

With all the players coming in you think they would be easier to deal with.
Official 2017 EFH Sponsor of Josh Kennedy, Fraser McInnes, and Joshua Rotham
Official 2015 EFH Sponsor of Liam Duggan
Official 2014 EFH Sponsor of Elliot Yeo
Official 2013 EFH Sponsor of Dean Cox
Pinion King
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby DALBY on Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:16 pm

Port just over paid for Motlop. 600K a year for a bloke who will forever be inconsistent.
Tom "Chops" Lamb
Guernsey 10, still only 20 years old, 193cm, "The best utility money can buy"
Drafted 32 in 2014.
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Fair Bump Play On on Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:22 pm

DALBY wrote:Port just over paid for Motlop. 600K a year for a bloke who will forever be inconsistent.

Probably but maybe not, still lots of footy left in him and his best is very, very good. It was the Crows who offered 600K and year, with Port it will be 500k for four years but he has family connections so it looks like he expects to be happier there; watch out if he is.

No doubting Port have traded well this trade period with Rockliff, Motlop and rumor of Watts being interested. They will be looking to be a power club next year in more than just name.
Proud 2017 sponsor of Liam -Dangerfield- Duggan, Will Schofield, Simon - the tank - Tunbridge & Tom Gorter
Past sponsor; 2016 self appointed sponsor of Sam it's better with Butler, 2015 of Jamie lace out Bennell, Scooter - future vice-captain - Selwood. 2013 of Mitch - Mr Required - Brown, (And he stayed), 2012 of Scott - the future - Lycett, (And he is), 2011 of Vice Captain – fair, but get out of his way - Beau Waters, (His greatest year)
Fair Bump Play On
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby MrWoollie on Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:04 pm

We have been quiet but at least we haven't given away stupid picks for second rate drivel.
It is unfortunate that the best players in this trade period (Lever, Wilson) are not what we need as they play in areas we are pretty strong in and the next level (Rockliff, Stringer) were/are also not really a good fit (Stringer possibly) and totally not interested in a move west.
I think we will get Ah Chee. Just hope we don't go higher than 4th round offer.

Best plan may be go to the draft and try for a few mature age selections with late picks/rookie slots.
2017 sponsor of #5 - Brad (Mr Reliable) Sheppard. 25yo, 100+ games and counting.
2017 sponsor of #6 - Elliot (how good could he be) Yeo. Only 23 and looking to hit 100 career games in 2017.
2017 sponsor of #23 - Lewis (we need this excitement) Jetta. 27yo and heading for 150 career games.
2017 sponsor of #30 - Jackson (he's too good to be only 21) Nelson. 21yo, pick #51 in 2014, a bonus pickup.
MrWoollie
Veteran

Postby Fat Side on Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:35 pm

MrWoollie wrote:We have been quiet but at least we haven't given away stupid picks for second rate drivel.
It is unfortunate that the best players in this trade period (Lever, Wilson) are not what we need as they play in areas we are pretty strong in and the next level (Rockliff, Stringer) were/are also not really a good fit (Stringer possibly) and totally not interested in a move west.

Best plan may be go to the draft and try for a few mature age selections with late picks/rookie slots.

Port may be pushed to the death on Thursday with this trade, but it will get done. They don't want to do what St Kilda did with the Luke Ball trade. Collingwood offered pick 30 and St Kilda refused. Ball goes into the draft and nobody selects him until Collingwood does with pick 30. St Kilda missed out and Port won't want to do the same.
Make the switch now
2017 Sponsor of Willie (Pure Silk) Rioli
Fat Side
Veteran

Postby Streaker on Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:13 pm

Fat Side wrote:
MrWoollie wrote:We have been quiet but at least we haven't given away stupid picks for second rate drivel.

Port may be pushed to the death on Thursday with this trade, but it will get done. They don't want to do what St Kilda did with the Luke Ball trade. Collingwood offered pick 30 and St Kilda refused. Ball goes into the draft and nobody selects him until Collingwood does with pick 30. St Kilda missed out and Port won't want to do the same.

Port want our 3rd round pick (49), we're offering pick 68. Freo have picks 40 and 41. Pick 49 seems reasonable.
Streaker
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Fat Side on Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:06 pm

Streaker wrote:
Fat Side wrote:

Port want our 3rd round pick (49), we're offering pick 68. Freo have picks 40 and 41. Pick 49 seems reasonable.

It may be that we will pay that. Maybe a swap of later picks as well to sweeten the deal. I think somewhere in between would be fair.
Make the switch now
Fat Side
Veteran

Postby WCE Booka 89 on Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:36 pm

domo_the_eagle wrote:
DALBY wrote:
Pinion King wrote:Typical threat. They get off worse if they don't make the trade.

Depends when they delist him. If they delisted him before the first lodgement he'd be available via the DFA route. But if they want to bugger us they would delist him as close to the draft as possible where we won't be able to use the DFA route.

DFA was designed so that players that were discarded by their club could find an easy route to another club, not for players out of contract but still wanted by their original club to be able to walk to a new club for free.
WCE Booka 89
EFH Legend

Postby Fat Side on Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:25 pm

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/mi ... bd14e81f90

Young players too often now, contracted or not, are deciding they’ve had enough of the club they are at and are using the line, “I want to go home” to get traded. I can’t tell you how much I detest that excuse.

Interesting piece from Mick Malthouse
Make the switch now
Fat Side
Veteran

Postby Mr Q on Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:59 pm

If we *have* to have free agency, I'd like to see the recruiting club actually have to pay up. Use the same mechanism as for F/S and Academy picks. So if Scott Selwood was rated a mid-second round pick (we'll say 30), Geelong would have had to find 629 points to pay for picking up a free agent.

I'd then like those points credited to the club losing the player that they can use to upgrade picks they already have (with the exception that no pick can be moved upward into the top 10), or to pay for other points based picks like F/S, FA or Academy picks.
"I like to pay taxes. With them I buy civilisation" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Alternative facts, alternative facts, pants on fire....
Mr Q
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Hamburger on Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:33 am

From the AFL site this morning.

It doesn't seem like there are as many hurdles standing in the way of Ah Chee moving home to a West Australian-based club, with Cripps (Port list manager) certain Port will be able to facilitate a trade with West Coast.

"I spoke to West Coast last night and we're working though that," he said.

"We had the greatest run in history this year with no injuries, which made it difficult for guys like 'Arch' to get an opportunity.

"We think he's got a lot of upside and real talent … as a football club, we don't want to be difficult and we're mindful of the fact 'Arch' is a fantastic person.

"He's from WA, has family back there, and has the chance to go and play AFL footy, and we'll do everything we can to make it easy for him because he's a fantastic person.

"We'll be able to facilitate that trade, I'm certain of that."

Sounds pretty positive to me and I think he would be a good acquisition.
Hamburger
Veteran

Postby domo_the_eagle on Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:39 am

DALBY wrote:Port just over paid for Motlop. 600K a year for a bloke who will forever be inconsistent.

Not a bad pay cheque for a casual employee.
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

PreviousNext

Return to Drafts and Trading