Sun, 25 Mar 2018 • 16:20 WST
West Coast v Sydney
Game Focus

Trade Targets 2017

The list and its future

Moderator: DALBY

Re: Trade Targets 2017

Postby Fat Side on Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:50 pm

Pinion King wrote:I must admit he has a hell of a handball.
https://thewest.com.au/sport/west-coast ... b88623411z

We have picks 13, 30, 48, 67 and 85. Do we use on of these picks or do we offer up a player as a swap?

I think pick 67 would be worthwhile unless we do an exchange of picks as well. Would Tom Lamb like to go to PA? Is there a three-way deal somewhere?
Make the switch now
Fat Side
Veteran

Postby Fair Bump Play On on Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:49 pm

Fat Side wrote:

We have picks 13, 30, 48, 67 and 85. Do we use on of these picks or do we offer up a player as a swap?

I think pick 67 would be worthwhile unless we do an exchange of picks as well. Would Tom Lamb like to go to PA? Is there a three-way deal somewhere?

Pick 67 would seem way more than than fair enough, though I'd rather 85. They still own us for screwing us over with the Brad Ebert deal. Not only did they make us trade Ebert for pick 28, but they also received pick 45 to sweeten the deal! Ha, like that already was not the deal of the century! It was that or he was going to go into the pre-season draft. I suggest we play a similar hard ball with Ah Chee, he wants to come home to play more footy (no guarantee he will), so if Port don't take 85 then let him go to the preseason draft, I doubt anyone will get in the way. Anyway, Port picked up Ah Chee with that pick 45, so I really like the synchronicity of such a deal.

On Lamb I really hope we keep him. I just have a feeling he's been mismanaged thus far by the club, but once they start playing him as a mid or a wing he'll be similar to Jobe Waston who was a slow burner before suddenly lighting up the game. (Which Jobe was doing; even before he started down the performance enhance drug path with most his teammates).
Proud 2017 sponsor of Liam -Dangerfield- Duggan, Will Schofield, Simon - the tank - Tunbridge & Tom Gorter
Past sponsor; 2016 self appointed sponsor of Sam it's better with Butler, 2015 of Jamie lace out Bennell, Scooter - future vice-captain - Selwood. 2013 of Mitch - Mr Required - Brown, (And he stayed), 2012 of Scott - the future - Lycett, (And he is), 2011 of Vice Captain – fair, but get out of his way - Beau Waters, (His greatest year)
Fair Bump Play On
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby MrWoollie on Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:52 pm

Yep, pick 85 or let him go to the draft where the only danger is that the Muppets might take a cheeky steal. And if that happens, so be it.

Edit - with my pessimistic hat on, with our history of generous trades, we might offer something really silly like a third rounder, or even worse, a second.

Edit 2. From afl.com.au...
"The Eagles are offering their fourth-round selection, pick No.68 overall, but the Power want at least the Eagles' third-round pick (No.49 overall).
If a deal cannot be struck, Ah Chee is prepared to go into the draft and continue his career elsewhere."

Hope we stick to 68, that is actually generous. 49 would be madness.
2017 sponsor of #6 - Elliot Yeo. 2017 B&F, 2017 EFH POTY.
MrWoollie
Veteran

Postby Feng Shuey on Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:43 pm

He's not the best kick(62% by foot in SANFL this year), but that left HB is huuge, good size and a good fit for us, 4th rounder surely enough for someone who could only manage 27 games in 6 years also out of contract so who are Port kidding?
Feng Shuey
Rookie

Postby Fat Side on Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:00 pm

Fair Bump Play On wrote:
Fat Side wrote:

Pick 67 would seem way more than than fair enough, though I'd rather 85. They still own us for screwing us over with the Brad Ebert deal. Not only did they make us trade Ebert for pick 28, but they also received pick 45 to sweeten the deal! Ha, like that already was not the deal of the century! It was that or he was going to go into the pre-season draft. I suggest we play a similar hard ball with Ah Chee, he wants to come home to play more footy (no guarantee he will), so if Port don't take 85 then let him go to the preseason draft, I doubt anyone will get in the way. Anyway, Port picked up Ah Chee with that pick 45, so I really like the synchronicity of such a deal.

On Lamb I really hope we keep him. I just have a feeling he's been mismanaged thus far by the club, but once they start playing him as a mid or a wing he'll be similar to Jobe Waston who was a slow burner before suddenly lighting up the game. (Which Jobe was doing; even before he started down the performance enhance drug path with most his teammates).

Port gave us 28 and 48 for Ebert and 45. Ebert would be lucky to be a fourth round pick now. We got a good deal from Port, but we paid to much for him in the initial draft. We drafted him too early and paid overs. Ebert is a good ordinary player. From memory he was heavily maligned while he was here. It's not surprising he wanted to go home.
Make the switch now
Fat Side
Veteran

Postby lazzas on Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:23 pm

Fair Bump Play On wrote:
Fat Side wrote:

Agree with Lamb hopefully in the review WC identified the inability to develop or at least bloud players. Lamb I feel could be something
lazzas
Regular

Postby penrith eagle on Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:00 pm

You would think midfielders around the league would jump at a chance to come to the eagles ???? what better service are you going to get if you are a midfielder ?? Mids around the country should be jumping at this opportunity due to these factors below

Next year we will have a fit Nicnat best tap ruckmen in the comp.... a fit lycett .. Nicnat helped pridda get a brownlow

A midfield genius who is becoming a midfield coach in mitchell

Ah Chee ...maybe thats what he is thinking ??
The will to win...we have lost it.......maybe its coming back ??

eagles forever
penrith eagle
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Fat Side on Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:32 am

Michael Gleeson reports that Travis Colyer could shape as the player to bring in an extra draft pick for Essendon and help them land their three trade targets – Jake Stringer, Adam Saad and Devon Smith.

Colyer, a quick West Australian, could be traded back home – West Coast are looking for an outside pace and run player who could go forward.

Colyer is a pacy outside mid with good goal sense. Should we pitch for him? If so, Essendon would probably want our second rounder (Pick 30).
Make the switch now
Fat Side
Veteran

Postby DALBY on Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:48 am

Hartung > Eagles
Impey > Hawks
Karpany (SA boy) > Port

Possibly?
Do or do not!
There is no try.
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby DALBY on Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:49 am

Fat Side wrote:
Michael Gleeson reports that Travis Colyer could shape as the player to bring in an extra draft pick for Essendon and help them land their three trade targets – Jake Stringer, Adam Saad and Devon Smith.

Colyer, a quick West Australian, could be traded back home – West Coast are looking for an outside pace and run player who could go forward.

Colyer is a pacy outside mid with good goal sense. Should we pitch for him? If so, Essendon would probably want our second rounder (Pick 30).

Too much, Colyer would be worth a six pack at present.
Do or do not!
There is no try.
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby penrith eagle on Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:10 am

The eagles should be doing everything in there power to get a genuine A grade mid

Getting rejects from other clubs is going to achieve nothing

very good article in WA today
http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/west-coas ... ywz5o.html

Questions have to be asked why isn't the club chasing top tier players

A new stadium we have cash a gun ruckmen superstar midfield coach

Make it happen eagles
The will to win...we have lost it.......maybe its coming back ??

eagles forever
penrith eagle
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Pinion King on Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:15 am

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-10/v ... -fortnight
West Coast's only confirmed trade target this fortnight is wantaway Port Adelaide onballer Brendon Ah Chee, who has nominated the Eagles as his preferred destination. Rawlings ruled out a trade for Collingwood forward Alex Fasolo, who was linked to a move back to his home state, but was keen to improve the club's first draft pick from No.13.

"We see Brendon as an inside mid who can go forward and have some impact," Rawlings said.

"Outside of that we're pretty quiet. We really rate the draft this year, and we're in a position where we'd like to rejuvenate our list and we see us doing that through the draft period."

The comment about Masten he makes, is also interesting. Sounds like he could go on the table.
Official 2017 EFH Sponsor of Josh Kennedy, Fraser McInnes, and Joshua Rotham
Official 2015 EFH Sponsor of Liam Duggan
Official 2014 EFH Sponsor of Elliot Yeo
Official 2013 EFH Sponsor of Dean Cox
Pinion King
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Pinion King on Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:42 am

penrith eagle wrote:very good article in WA today

Rawlings on trade radio:
They also considered a move for dashing GWS defender Nathan Wilson, who wants to move home to WA, but felt they were well stocked in that area with Elliot Yeo, Liam Duggan, Jackson Nelson and Tom Cole all filling defensive roles.
Official 2017 EFH Sponsor of Josh Kennedy, Fraser McInnes, and Joshua Rotham
Official 2015 EFH Sponsor of Liam Duggan
Official 2014 EFH Sponsor of Elliot Yeo
Official 2013 EFH Sponsor of Dean Cox
Pinion King
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby domo_the_eagle on Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:27 am

Pinion King wrote:
penrith eagle wrote:very good article in WA today

Rawlings on trade radio:
They also considered a move for dashing GWS defender Nathan Wilson, who wants to move home to WA, but felt they were well stocked in that area with Elliot Yeo, Liam Duggan, Jackson Nelson and Tom Cole all filling defensive roles.

Wilson is better in this role than all the guys mentioned here.

It would also release yeo to play in the middle.
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby domo_the_eagle on Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:28 am

Read Colyer may be put up for trade so the dons can gwt their trades completed.

Please, WC do not bring this B grader in.
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

PreviousNext

Return to Drafts and Trading