West Coast v Sydney
Game Focus

Trade Targets 2017

The list and its future

Moderator: DALBY

Re: Trade Targets 2017

Postby domo_the_eagle on Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:46 pm

Pinion King wrote:
Streaker wrote:Both Faso;o and Conca not interested in coming back to WA.

Two ways eliminated for chances to do something stupid.

Agree PK.

ALTHOUGH dont put something past crazy vozzo to pull a rabbit out of a hat.
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Fat Side on Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:17 am

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/the-qu ... d63000fc9f

Alex Fasolo (Collingwood to West Coast): Probability rating 7. The Magpies don’t want to lose him, he is contracted and is close with Magpies coach Nathan Buckley. But the lure to return home is strong and the Eagles need a forward of his stature. They will probably have to part with a late second-round pick (they have pick 30) to lure him.

Today's news has Fasolo as still a chance to be traded to WCE
Make the switch now
Fat Side
Veteran

Postby Pinion King on Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:44 am

https://thewest.com.au/sport/west-coast ... b88620091z

Puts an end to all the Gaff rumours.
Official 2017 EFH Sponsor of Josh Kennedy, Fraser McInnes, and Joshua Rotham
Official 2015 EFH Sponsor of Liam Duggan
Official 2014 EFH Sponsor of Elliot Yeo
Official 2013 EFH Sponsor of Dean Cox
Pinion King
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby WCE Booka 89 on Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:46 pm

Fat Side wrote:http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/the-quarterback-the-afl-trade-period-probability-scale/news-story/2c2ecf7336eb32bca51488d63000fc9f

Alex Fasolo (Collingwood to West Coast): Probability rating 7. The Magpies don’t want to lose him, he is contracted and is close with Magpies coach Nathan Buckley. But the lure to return home is strong and the Eagles need a forward of his stature. They will probably have to part with a late second-round pick (they have pick 30) to lure him.

Why do we need a forward of his stature? He is a medium marking forward. As far as marking targets inside 50 we already have Kennedy, Darling, Naitanui, Lycett, Vardy, Lamb, LeCras, McInnes. We are well and truly set for marking forwards, we need fast defensive forwards, or forwards who will rotate through the midfield, guys who will help us when the ball is on the deck, run players down and apply pressure. Fasolo has a career average for tackles the same as Kennedy. Now Kennedy is great defensively, but it is always accompanied with "for a big forward".

Would be nice to get Fasolo here, but I really don't want him to be taking too much of our resources.
WCE Booka 89
EFH Legend

Postby Pinion King on Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:15 pm

And, he will be taking the spot of a younger player.
Official 2017 EFH Sponsor of Josh Kennedy, Fraser McInnes, and Joshua Rotham
Official 2015 EFH Sponsor of Liam Duggan
Official 2014 EFH Sponsor of Elliot Yeo
Official 2013 EFH Sponsor of Dean Cox
Pinion King
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby penrith eagle on Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:22 pm

The only way the club can go forward is to try and find mids who are top 10 in the comp

Getting another forward is stupid.......only way I would entertain it is if we get it for nothing
The will to win...we have lost it.......maybe its coming back ??

eagles forever
penrith eagle
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Fat Side on Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:51 pm

penrith eagle wrote:The only way the club can go forward is to try and find mids who are top 10 in the comp

Getting another forward is stupid.......only way I would entertain it is if we get it for nothing

The WCE has come out and said they need an elite midfielder and a small forward. Fasolo plays a little bit like LeCras but LeCras has one year left. I don't think we can discount the emergence of Jake Waterman as a medium/Tall forward. I think he can be a Jack Gunston type player for us. I am excited to see what he brings.
Make the switch now
Fat Side
Veteran

Postby domo_the_eagle on Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:15 pm

WCE Booka 89 wrote:
Fat Side wrote:http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/the-quarterback-the-afl-trade-period-probability-scale/news-story/2c2ecf7336eb32bca51488d63000fc9f

Why do we need a forward of his stature? He is a medium marking forward. As far as marking targets inside 50 we already have Kennedy, Darling, Naitanui, Lycett, Vardy, Lamb, LeCras, McInnes. We are well and truly set for marking forwards, we need fast defensive forwards, or forwards who will rotate through the midfield, guys who will help us when the ball is on the deck, run players down and apply pressure. Fasolo has a career average for tackles the same as Kennedy. Now Kennedy is great defensively, but it is always accompanied with "for a big forward".

Would be nice to get Fasolo here, but I really don't want him to be taking too much of our resources.

We don't need another small forward who lacks frontal pressure and has a shoddy set shot.
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Fat Side on Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:22 pm

domo_the_eagle wrote:
WCE Booka 89 wrote:

We don't need another small forward who lacks frontal pressure and has a shoddy set shot.

So which small forward should we target at the trade table? Or do we go to the draft?
Make the switch now
Fat Side
Veteran

Postby MrWoollie on Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:25 pm

Fat Side wrote:
penrith eagle wrote:The only way the club can go forward is to try and find mids who are top 10 in the comp

The WCE has come out and said they need an elite midfielder and a small forward. Fasolo plays a little bit like LeCras but LeCras has one year left. I don't think we can discount the emergence of Jake Waterman as a medium/Tall forward. I think he can be a Jack Gunston type player for us. I am excited to see what he brings.
Regarding small forwards we currently have LeCras, Hill, Karpany, Mutimer, Cripps and Rioli on the list. Half of them haven't had a decent opportunity and we are talking about adding another mid tier shit set shot medium marking one to the list?
2017 sponsor of #6 - Elliot Yeo. 2017 B&F, 2017 EFH POTY.
MrWoollie
Veteran

Postby Streaker on Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:35 pm

MrWoollie wrote:
Fat Side wrote:

Regarding small forwards we currently have LeCras, Hill, Karpany, Mutimer, Cripps and Rioli on the list. Half of them haven't had a decent opportunity and we are talking about adding another mid tier shit set shot medium marking one to the list?

Do we need a small forward per se or a midfielder who can play forward ala Dustin Martin or Paddy Dangerfield? I think we have to get away from the one dimensional player who has to be rotated off the bench and look for those that can play a more diverse role.

Venables is a player who is capable of this as is Shuey and Yeo. In the draft there area a couple of players such as Higgins, Petruccelle and Spargo. I'd rather go to the draft and draft these types of player whilst giving Rioli, Venables and Karpany a chance forward this year as small forwards.
Streaker
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby farmer joe on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:17 am

Streaker wrote:Do we need a small forward per se or a midfielder who can play forward ala Dustin Martin or Paddy Dangerfield? I think we have to get away from the one dimensional player who has to be rotated off the bench and look for those that can play a more diverse role.

Venables is a player who is capable of this as is Shuey and Yeo. In the draft there area a couple of players such as Higgins, Petruccelle and Spargo. I'd rather go to the draft and draft these types of player whilst giving Rioli, Venables and Karpany a chance forward this year as small forwards.

That is a great question. Do you believe the evolution of the Martin and Dangerfield types who go forward being due to the reduction in the rotation/interchange numbers? If so, should we be thinking about where the game will head if further reductions occur?
farmer joe
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Fat Side on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:27 am

farmer joe wrote:
Streaker wrote:Do we need a small forward per se or a midfielder who can play forward ala Dustin Martin or Paddy Dangerfield? I think we have to get away from the one dimensional player who has to be rotated off the bench and look for those that can play a more diverse role.

That is a great question. Do you believe the evolution of the Martin and Dangerfield types who go forward being due to the reduction in the rotation/interchange numbers? If so, should we be thinking about where the game will head if further reductions occur?

Is Yeo that man?
Make the switch now
Fat Side
Veteran

Postby domo_the_eagle on Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:16 am

Fat Side wrote:So which small forward should we target at the trade table? Or do we go to the draft?

We already have rioli as a small pressure forward. I assume venebles is also capable of playing forward and can apply pressure.

Lecca has to be injury free next year otherwise.dont play him.

Cripps also should be around.

I just see Fasolo as surplus needs. The pies would want something ridiculous for him.

This club needs to fix the midfield first.
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Fair Bump Play On on Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:30 am

I think we mostly need a pure small forward who will stay on the ground and not consider himself a marking target, plus is prepared to chase hard! Karpany or Rioli might be that player if developed.

I’m concerned that our coaches in recent years have shown an inability to develop players that are not a first round pick or a player we have traded for; unlike Adelaide. If we draft a player like Fasolo – who sounds like he is not exactly what we need – then it will kill the development of players we have or more appropriate players we could draft for. He’d better come cheap.
Proud 2017 sponsor of Liam -Dangerfield- Duggan, Will Schofield, Simon - the tank - Tunbridge & Tom Gorter
Past sponsor; 2016 self appointed sponsor of Sam it's better with Butler, 2015 of Jamie lace out Bennell, Scooter - future vice-captain - Selwood. 2013 of Mitch - Mr Required - Brown, (And he stayed), 2012 of Scott - the future - Lycett, (And he is), 2011 of Vice Captain – fair, but get out of his way - Beau Waters, (His greatest year)
Fair Bump Play On
EFH Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to Drafts and Trading