Butler
Priddis

Delist:
McInnes
Giles

Trade:
Masten
Mackenzie

I'm not sure Lecras will retire. Off the top of my head he was offered a 1 year deal, he wants 2. He will be a handy back up if Rioli cant get on the park.
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

Re: 2017 : Trade -:- Delist -:- Retire

Postby DALBY on Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:23 am

aquila audax wrote:To lose players we have developed to interstate clubs is bad enough ( a la , Judd , Ebert and Selwood ) , but to lose McGovern to the Dockers would be diabolical .
I hope I never get to see it happen .

I'm the same, Gov is one of the best contested marks in the game. We don't want to lose him. Offer him whatever he wants. Make it happen.
Do or do not!
There is no try.
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby domo_the_eagle on Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:32 am

DALBY wrote:
aquila audax wrote:To lose players we have developed to interstate clubs is bad enough ( a la , Judd , Ebert and Selwood ) , but to lose McGovern to the Dockers would be diabolical .

I'm the same, Gov is one of the best contested marks in the game. We don't want to lose him. Offer him whatever he wants. Make it happen.

offering him whatever he wants would send a diabolical message to the rest of the playing group.
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby DALBY on Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:38 am

domo_the_eagle wrote:
DALBY wrote:

offering him whatever he wants would send a diabolical message to the rest of the playing group.

True, but wouldn't the rest of the playing group know what he's worth and want him to stay also?
Do or do not!
There is no try.
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Total Package on Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:19 am

I don't think we've even seen a top Eagle or Docker swap teams and don't think we ever will.

The whole McGovern's old man played at Fremantle thing is blown way out of proportion. His dad isn't a Freo guy... he is a Claremont guy who only played 60 games for Fremantle. There isn't this family history of being tied to Sth Freo or East Freo over decades.
Total Package
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Total Package on Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:21 am

domo_the_eagle wrote:
DALBY wrote:

He will get offered what his market rate is minus a home town discount.

If he is being offered $1mill a year by a rival club we will offer $800-850k. That's the way it works. There are teams out there that would definitely throw big money at him.
Total Package
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby domo_the_eagle on Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:30 am

Retire:
Mitchell
Butler
Priddis
Petrie
Giles
Lecras

Delist:
Brophy (R)
Gorter (R) - i dont even know how he is travelling

Trade:
Masten
Mackenzie
Lamb

Depth/Insurance (i.e not starting 22)
Wellingham
Hill
Schofield
Hutchings
Vardy (assumes Nic & Lycett are fit for rd 1 2018)
McInnes
Cripps
Tunbridge (R)

I've just noticed alot of our rookies are in the 190+cm midfield/forward? yet we continue to Draft sub 185cm fwd/mids via the ND?
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby CouchPotato on Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:29 pm

Hearing that Acres from St Kilda could be looking to request a trade home - wouldn't mind him if we can get him relatively cheap. Only 21, so still a good age for us.

Would also be hoping we pick the eyes out of the Gold Coast team this year - Swallow, Matera and hopefully more should all be sufficiently pissed off with how their first 7 years have gone.
CouchPotato
Regular

Postby domo_the_eagle on Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:11 pm

CouchPotato wrote:Hearing that Acres from St Kilda could be looking to request a trade home - wouldn't mind him if we can get him relatively cheap. Only 21, so still a good age for us.

Would also be hoping we pick the eyes out of the Gold Coast team this year - Swallow, Matera and hopefully more should all be sufficiently pissed off with how their first 7 years have gone.

I dont know much about Acres, is he an outside, pacy mid whi an kick a goal
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Fat Side on Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:20 am

domo_the_eagle wrote:
CouchPotato wrote:Hearing that Acres from St Kilda could be looking to request a trade home - wouldn't mind him if we can get him relatively cheap. Only 21, so still a good age for us.

No, he's a big bodied inside mid that goes forward (a bit in the Connor Blakely mould). Is developing well. Not what we need unless we get him for a third rounder (which won't happen)
Make the switch now
Fat Side
Veteran

Postby domo_the_eagle on Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:01 am

Fat Side wrote:
domo_the_eagle wrote:

No, he's a big bodied inside mid that goes forward (a bit in the Connor Blakely mould). Is developing well. Not what we need unless we get him for a third rounder (which won't happen)

We have little bodied inside mids (sheed, duggan, partington, redden, hutchings). It depends on if he wants to come home & if we can get him without giving up too much (like we did with redden & wellingham). If his 'peak' is anticipated to be better than the 5 inside mids mentioned then its worth at least considering it.
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby moogadah on Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:40 am

On Jeremy McGovern:

I understand that these determinations still apply:

A player has served eight or more seasons of AFL football at one club, is not one of the top 25 per cent highest-paid players at his club, and is now out of contract for the first time since reaching eight seasons of service.
The player is eligible to field offers from all rival AFL clubs.
If he wishes to change clubs, the player must decide on the best offer of his choice from one rival club.
His club does not have the right to match the presented offer, and the player can move automatically to the new club of his choice.
His original club will receive a compensation pick for the loss of the player, on an AFL-determined formula to apply where clubs lose more free agents than they gain in any single transfer period.
-----------------
If a player has served eight or more seasons of AFL football at one club, is one of the top 25 per cent highest-paid players at his club, and is now out of contract for the first time since reaching eight seasons of service.
The player is eligible to field offers from all rival AFL clubs.
If he wishes to change clubs, the player must decide on the best offer of his choice from one rival club.
His club has the right to match the presented offer.
If the club matches the offer, he may choose to remain with his original club, seek a trade or enter the draft.
If the club does not or can not match the offer, the player can move to the new club of his choice.
His original club will receive a compensation pick for the loss of the player, on an AFL-determined formula to apply where clubs lose more free agents than they gain in any single transfer period.
--------
With some high salaried players being retired, I would presume McGovern will now likely fall in the top 25% salaried players, and will therefore fall into the second category?
A Zen master once said to me, "Do the opposite of whatever I tell you."
So I didn't.
moogadah
Veteran

Postby farmer joe on Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:40 am

domo_the_eagle wrote:
We have little bodied inside mids (sheed, duggan, partington, redden, hutchings).

That's because anyone who looks like the may become a BIG bodied midfielder gets shunted down back. I so agree with Mead that Yeo should have been in the midfield every game this year.
farmer joe
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby MrWoollie on Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:31 pm

From afl.com.au...

'Coach Adam Simpson signalled in late May the Eagles' desire to add a quality small forward to their list, but the options appear limited. Gold Coast's Brandon Matera has been floated as a possible target, but the Eagles are yet to show interest. North Melbourne's Lindsay Thomas could appeal after he fell out of favour at times this season at the rebuilding Roos, while Docker Hayden Ballantyne is just around the corner and a free agent.'

Ballantyne was old, injury prone and had slowed down 12 months ago. Thomas - you have to be f***ing kidding me.

Lets replace a 28 year Josh Hill and a 31 year old Mark LeCras with a pair of 30 year olds. F*** yeah! While we're at it let's get Kevin Bartlett on board. He knows where the goals are.
2017 sponsor of #6 - Elliot Yeo. 2017 B&F, 2017 EFH POTY.
MrWoollie
Veteran

Postby domo_the_eagle on Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:39 pm

MrWoollie wrote:From afl.com.au...

'Coach Adam Simpson signalled in late May the Eagles' desire to add a quality small forward to their list, but the options appear limited. Gold Coast's Brandon Matera has been floated as a possible target, but the Eagles are yet to show interest. North Melbourne's Lindsay Thomas could appeal after he fell out of favour at times this season at the rebuilding Roos, while Docker Hayden Ballantyne is just around the corner and a free agent.'

Ballantyne was old, injury prone and had slowed down 12 months ago. Thomas - you have to be f***ing kidding me.

Lets replace a 28 year Josh Hill and a 31 year old Mark LeCras with a pair of 30 year olds. F*** yeah! While we're at it let's get Kevin Bartlett on board. He knows where the goals are.

i saw that and just laughed. Someones been plugging his sponsored player very subtly, so i may be stealing this posters thunder but....RIOLI's our answer as a small forward, built in the mould of Dean, but he has the moves of Cyril.
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

PreviousNext

Return to Drafts and Trading