West Coast Greater Western Sydney
9.4 (58) 19.11 (125)
Game Focus

2017 : Trade -:- Delist -:- Retire

The list and its future

Moderator: DALBY

Re: 2017 : Trade -:- Delist -:- Retire

Postby Fair Bump Play On on Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:19 pm

Fat Side wrote:We have a plethora of inside mids. The last thing we need to be doing is trading away an elite outside mid for another inside mid. Gaff may not appear to be that effective, but his run and carry, along with his disposal by foot is critical to our team. Gaff is also very durable. He rarely misses a game and is incredibly consistent. He stays.

Couldn't agree more. Fantastic player and far from the cause of our poor form.
Proud 2017 sponsor of Liam -Dangerfield- Duggan, Will Schofield, Simon - the tank - Tunbridge & Tom Gorter
Past sponsor; 2016 self appointed sponsor of Sam it's better with Butler, 2015 of Jamie lace out Bennell, Scooter - future vice-captain - Selwood. 2013 of Mitch - Mr Required - Brown, (And he stayed), 2012 of Scott - the future - Lycett, (And he is), 2011 of Vice Captain – fair, but get out of his way - Beau Waters, (His greatest year)
Fair Bump Play On
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby qrmewati on Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:48 pm

Fair Bump Play On wrote:
Fat Side wrote:We have a plethora of inside mids. The last thing we need to be doing is trading away an elite outside mid for another inside mid. Gaff may not appear to be that effective, but his run and carry, along with his disposal by foot is critical to our team. Gaff is also very durable. He rarely misses a game and is incredibly consistent. He stays.

If I remember correctly, Gaff only signed a contract extension for 2 more years, he might be seeking a trade at the end of next season.
qrmewati
Rookie

Postby domo_the_eagle on Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:27 pm

Indeed he is a free agent at the end of next season
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Pinion King on Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:33 am

Fair Bump Play On wrote:

Yep, have never been able to work out the haters on Gaff. He gets a lot of uncontested ball but that is his job.
Official 2017 EFH Sponsor of Josh Kennedy, Fraser McInnes, and Joshua Rotham
Official 2015 EFH Sponsor of Liam Duggan
Official 2014 EFH Sponsor of Elliot Yeo
Official 2013 EFH Sponsor of Dean Cox
Pinion King
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby domo_the_eagle on Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:25 am

Pinion King wrote:
Fair Bump Play On wrote:

Yep, have never been able to work out the haters on Gaff. He gets a lot of uncontested ball but that is his job.

Not a hater at all. He's a vital player for us however i wouldn't class him as elite rather a Very good consistent outside player. Covers the ground well and accumulates the ball, decent disposal by foot. However he needs to kick alot more goals (most of our mids do realistically).
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Fat Side on Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:00 am

domo_the_eagle wrote:
Pinion King wrote:
Fair Bump Play On wrote:

Not a hater at all. He's a vital player for us however i wouldn't class him as elite rather a Very good consistent outside player. Covers the ground well and accumulates the ball, decent disposal by foot. However he needs to kick alot more goals (most of our mids do realistically).

Yep. He is still only 24 so plenty of room for improvement. I think Scully gave him some food for thought and an indication of where the improvement can come from.
Make the switch now
2017 Sponsor of Willie (Pure Silk) Rioli
Fat Side
Veteran

Postby domo_the_eagle on Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:11 am

Got wind that Hill will be retiring at the end of the year and has signed up (in principle) with Subiaco for 2018.
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby penrith eagle on Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:15 pm

domo_the_eagle wrote:Got wind that Hill will be retiring at the end of the year and has signed up (in principle) with Subiaco for 2018.

If so thank you for your service Mr Hill....has been a handy pickup

So our we going to get any guns in the next trade period ....midfield ones ??
The will to win...we have lost it.......maybe its coming back ??

eagles forever
penrith eagle
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby CouchPotato on Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:24 pm

penrith eagle wrote:

Is interesting to see how many changes we will make, and how many trade ins we will get at the end of the year.

I would hope we are targeting:

- David Swallow - GC (hopefully will want out of the basket case)
- Blake Acres - StK - hopefully cheap
- Matera - GC
- Martin - GC
- Mcgovern - Adel
- Basically anyone on the GWS list who isn't playing regularly (After seeing what Townsend did to Freo on the weekend)

I would probably even downgrade our first round pick for Matera and Swallow - 2 immediate first 22 players for us who cover some of the gaps in our list.
CouchPotato
Regular

Postby Pinion King on Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:52 pm

CouchPotato wrote:
penrith eagle wrote:

Is interesting to see how many changes we will make, and how many trade ins we will get at the end of the year.

- Matera - GC
- Martin - GC
- Mcgovern - Adel
- Basically anyone on the GWS list who isn't playing regularly (After seeing what Townsend did to Freo on the weekend)

I would probably even downgrade our first round pick for Matera and Swallow - 2 immediate first 22 players for us who cover some of the gaps in our list.

Swallow/Acres are more inside. Do we need another inside? Mind you, we would have taken Swallow if we had pick #1 as we were meant to. Swallow's injury count worries me though. Martin would be very handy as an outside and line breaker.

All three are still in contract. So they will cost us.

We don't need McGovern, it would be more to keep him away from Freo.

The easiest targets on GWS would we WA boys, are there any besides Coniglio/Lobb/Wilson still there?
Official 2017 EFH Sponsor of Josh Kennedy, Fraser McInnes, and Joshua Rotham
Official 2015 EFH Sponsor of Liam Duggan
Official 2014 EFH Sponsor of Elliot Yeo
Official 2013 EFH Sponsor of Dean Cox
Pinion King
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Fat Side on Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:11 pm

penrith eagle wrote:
domo_the_eagle wrote:Got wind that Hill will be retiring at the end of the year and has signed up (in principle) with Subiaco for 2018.

If so thank you for your service Mr Hill....has been a handy pickup

Hill is currently ranked 15 in goals scored for the WCE (151). Has been very handy at times.

2018 is Rioli time. Watch us storm into the GF next year.
Make the switch now
Fat Side
Veteran

Postby Fat Side on Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:14 pm

Pinion King wrote:
CouchPotato wrote:
penrith eagle wrote:

- Matera - GC
- Martin - GC
- Mcgovern - Adel

Swallow/Acres are more inside. Do we need another inside? Mind you, we would have taken Swallow if we had pick #1 as we were meant to. Swallow's injury count worries me though. Martin would be very handy as an outside and line breaker.

All three are still in contract. So they will cost us.

We don't need McGovern, it would be more to keep him away from Freo.

The easiest targets on GWS would we WA boys, are there any besides Coniglio/Lobb/Wilson still there?

Martin is the pick of that bunch. He is worth moving heaven and earth for. McGovern is terrific but Martin fits what we need, besides we have an emerging Waterman that plays a similar role.
Make the switch now
Fat Side
Veteran

Postby Fat Side on Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:18 pm

Pinion King wrote:The easiest targets on GWS would we WA boys, are there any besides Coniglio/Lobb/Wilson still there?

DeBoer, Mzungu :D
Make the switch now
Fat Side
Veteran

Postby domo_the_eagle on Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:31 am

Did Jetta come over here on a 3 year contract? I can see why the club recruited him....but after seeing him in a WCE jumper for 3 years i can see why sydney fans were quick to say farewell & good luck to us WCE fans / why Syd happily accepted a straight swap for a ruck.

Unfortunately i dont think jetta has worked for us, but at the time it was a trade we had to make.
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby domo_the_eagle on Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:54 am

Retire:
Mitchell
Butler
Priddis
Lecras
Hill (signed a contract with subi already)
Petrie

Delist:
Giles
Jetta - i've lost patience, 6 good games in 3 years doesn't cut it.
Tunbridge - injuries have robbed him of a career

Trade (controversial i know):
Gaff - Valuable outside mid, is above or above average in almost every attribute, but lacks scoring prowess and elite speed/line breaking capability
Darling - the kid that peaked in highschool, his value diminished after back to back finals performances

On the chopping block:
Schofield
MacKenzie
McInnes
Masten
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

PreviousNext

Return to Drafts and Trading