West Coast v Sydney
Game Focus

Ian Hill

The list and its future

Moderator: DALBY

Ian Hill

Postby loserboy on Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:34 am

Hey guys

Just read that Ian Hill is a West Coast academy player. And from all reports he’s going to be pretty good.

What does it mean with him being an academy player does that mean we have first rights to him at the draft? Or does it mean nothing and we just have to hope he’s around when its our turn to pick in the draft?

Cheers
loserboy
Rookie

Re: Ian Hill

Postby MrWoollie on Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:06 pm

loserboy wrote:Hey guys

Just read that Ian Hill is a West Coast academy player. And from all reports he’s going to be pretty good.

What does it mean with him being an academy player does that mean we have first rights to him at the draft? Or does it mean nothing and we just have to hope he’s around when its our turn to pick in the draft?

Cheers

I was curious as well.

My understanding of the Academy system for the non love-child clubs was not worthy of the name. Basically, that you can develop a player and you have no extra rights during the draft, but if (and only if) no-one else selects them then you can rookie them. Or something like that. Basically do all the work and you can select them if no-one wants them i.e. the other clubs think they are rubbish.

Having said that, I may be way wild of the mark and he is ours if we want (but I don't think so).
2017 sponsor of #6 - Elliot Yeo. 2017 B&F, 2017 EFH POTY.
MrWoollie
Veteran

Re: Ian Hill

Postby Streaker on Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:13 pm

MrWoollie wrote:
loserboy wrote:Hey guys

Cheers

I was curious as well.

My understanding of the Academy system for the non love-child clubs was not worthy of the name. Basically, that you can develop a player and you have no extra rights during the draft, but if (and only if) no-one else selects them then you can rookie them. Or something like that. Basically do all the work and you can select them if no-one wants them i.e. the other clubs think they are rubbish.

Having said that, I may be way wild of the mark and he is ours if we want (but I don't think so).

Ian Hill is an AIS/AFL Academy player who is training with us, not a West Coast Academy indigenous and multicultural zones player who we can pick up.
Streaker
EFH Posting Lunatic

Return to Drafts and Trading